Chapter twenty-three

'Don't define your world in black and white, because there is so much hiding amongst the greys.'

“I’m calling in an emergency meeting.” I had been waiting all day to say this, but I had been having trouble losing Guy. That boy was all over the place. Now in the bathroom with all the girls here, it felt right. My last class had just finished and I had managed to get all the girls here.

“We’re not some superhero squad you can call to have emergency meetings with.” Daniel was brushing her hair.

“Hell we don’t even do meetings.” Milk was sitting on the counter, eating some cookies.

 “I don’t mind being a superhero, I want to be superman.” Beans said from the toilet she was sitting on, I looked at the other ones.

“Can I be cat woman?” Felix grabbed a cookie from Milk.

“You don’t get to be the sexy one, I’m the sexy one here.” Daniel laid the brush down on the counter and looked at Felix.

“Why do you need an emergency meeting with the dysfunctional superhero squad?” Jello came out of one of the toilet cabins and walked over to the counter.

“Why are we dysfunctional?” Milk swallowed another cookie away.

“Because we’re always arguing and we can’t get the same perspective on little things like what movie to watch.” Jello was scrubbing her hands, roughly.

“I just still think that ‘Dear John’ doesn’t just turn bad after seeing it ten times.” Beans said as she got out of the toilet.

I looked at her. “Isn’t that why you guys work so well?” she turned around and frowned. “Sorry?” I shrugged and jumped next to Milk on the counter.

“You keep each other in balance, together you think of the brightest things.” I grabbed a cookie from Milk.

“What is it with you guys stealing my cookies?” Milk hugged the cookies so that nobody could grab another one, she was a little bit on the heavier side but that didn’t kept her from being beautiful. Her red hair, fell perfectly around her round face.

“How come you know us so well, while you just met us.” Gross who had been looking at her phone most of the time finally looked up.

“Because I actually have been stalking you even before I started school.” I laughed and so did the others.

“That would be something.” Beans was standing next to Daniel, washing her hands. It got silent after that.

“I was actually planning on inviting you guys all over to my place for this meeting.” I said after a moment of silence.

“Would your dads be fine with that?” Daniel put the brush back in her bag and walked over to me.

“They wouldn’t mind at all.” I jumped off the counter and walked towards the door.

“So how did y’all came to school?” I turned around before I opened the door.

“I drove.” Daniel held up her keys, that would leave me and another person to walk or catch a ride.

“Ok, so who’s up for a drive with me and Guy?” They looked at each other.

“Guy is coming too?” Milk said, pushing herself from the counter.

“Nope, but he wouldn’t mind doing something for me.” They frowned at me and just stood their dumbly.

“Milk, you’re coming with me.” I asked and opened the door.