Charlie and the Wolf Pack {56}

Chapter Fifty-Six

The banging on the door made everyone’s head snap to the door because who the hell would that be at ten ‘o’clock in the evening. Jane ran past all of us in her haste to answer the door, and when she opened it we were all surprised at who we saw standing there.

“Olivia, what are you doing here?” Wade asked and I guess he was the most surprised.

“I came to help you guys, my mate is here and this is where I want to be” Olivia said.

That was a good answer and from the look on my mother-in-law’s face she thought so too. But from the look on Keri’s face I could tell what she thought of Olivia and what Olivia wanted. Olivia walked over to Wade and gave him a very big hello kiss, we all stood there and watched, it was a serious kiss. They pulled back breathing hard and looking at each other.

But before anyone could say anything there was another knock on the door, Sirena and I exchanged a look. When Jane opened the door and moved back we found ourselves looking at Austin Gram, Melissa Warren, and Preston Scott, all members of the shifter Council of Elders. I stood there like a loser, I wouldn’t be more shocked if Clayton knocked on the door and said he wanted to call this whole thing off.  

“What are you guys doing here?” Shawn asked with a smile on his face.

“We heard there was going to be a fight and we wanted in” Melissa said.

“So what time are we doing this thing?” Austin asked.

“Soon, really soon” was Sirena’s answer.

The three members of the council nodded their heads and bowed before my aunt showing respect for the vampire queen.

“So you guys have a game plan that we should know about before we head out?” Preston asked.

Preston was a mutt as it was called in the human world, he was a mixed breed, half black, half white, also half lion, half tiger and it made him sexier if you asked me. But as usual no one did so I kept it to myself.

“Yup” Conner said nodding his head “fight and hope we don’t die.”

Olivia slapped his arm “that’s not funny.”

“I’m not laughing” Connor said seriously.

“Come on guys we are totally badass’, just think how much fun it will be killing things and laughing” Krystal said with this beyond crazy look in her eyes.

“Jane, darling, you remember what I told you?” Sirena said.

Jane nodded her and she looked like she was about to cry.

“Okay good, before we go there is one thing I must do” Sirena said and there was something about the way she said it that made everyone take notice. Slowly but with the grace and confidence of a queen, my aunt walked over to Rion stopping directly in front of him.

“My Queen” Rion said and it was the first time I’ve ever heard him sound unsure of himself.

Instead of speaking Sirena leaned up and kissed him. And when I say kissed him that is exactly what I meant she KISSED him all capital letters. Everyone stood there with their mouths opens, Connor and Brad, made wolf whistles and cat calls. Nick looked amused and Rion was the most shocked out of all of the people around but let me tell you how quickly he got over that.

“Way to wait until the last minute” I said giving my aunt a what-the-hell-took-you-so-long look. She only smiled in return.

The clock made this loud chime and the mood quickly changed reminding everyone what we were about face. Everyone became serious and it was time to go.