Charlie and the Wolf Pack {18}

Chapter Eighteen

We were in a van that held fifteen people, ready to make the one hour and thirty minute drive from the Bronx to Litchfield, Connecticut. I was more than ready to see my husband, I had been too long without him. I just hoped everything was okay. I was tired and since Pam was driving I was going to take a nap. I put my head on Conner's shoulder and was out like a light.

*Almost Two Hours Later* 

I awoke to someone tapping and shaking me "Charlie, we're here."

I looked around and saw that we were at the gates of Sirena's house. Connor handed me a hot bottle of water, I thanked him then drank it. Nasty. Once the guards let in and we pulled up to the door I was out of the van.

"Ms. Charlie, so glad you're here, please come quick" said a butler as soon as he saw me.

"Where are they?" I asked.

He looked scared, his face flashed unreadable and it made me uneasy.

"Please come, someone will take care of the van."

Everyone got out and we followed him none of the people in the house would meet my eyes. Not even for the smallest of seconds.

"Okay what's going on?" I asked beyond fed up now.

"Please, I cannot say, you must speak with Rion, he will explain."

Finally after what felt like years we came to a set of double doors and standing in front of those doors was Rion, the head guard.

"Rion what's going on?"

"There was another attack, the worst one. I feared it was someone on the inside but now I have no doubt. Prepare yourself."

Prepare myself. Was that really what he just said to me.

He opened the set of doors in front of us and what I saw had me speechless, Sirena was lying on a white bed unmoving. I walked to her side, she wasn't breathing. I looked over to Rion unsure if what I was seeing was real.

"She's alive for now we believe she has been poisoned. Come."

I followed Rion to another door just outside the room we were in, I smelled death. I was afraid of who I would find behind that door. The smell of death was so strong that it masked the scent of the person in the room. I walked inside and stopped short. 

"Who?" I asked and they knew I wanted to know who did this. Who killed my wolves.

Everyone came in the room, we all had tears in our eyes. This was not supposed to happen, they should not be dead. We were supposed to face the bad guys together, then go home. No this was all wrong. What was I going to do and how was I going to do it. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, maybe I was dreaming. Yeah that was it, I was still in the van, asleep, on my way to Sirena's. None of this happened. I opened my eyes and the scene in front of me was still the same.

"Why can't I wake up?" I asked to no one in particular. "This is a bad dream and I want to wake up now."

"Charlie, this is not a dream" Rion told me.

"I don't believe you, your lying."

"Charlie, this is real."

This couldn't be real because if it was that meant Sirena was dying and they were really dead. I went over and touched a body it was getting cold, I sniffed it and came to the conclusion that they were really dead. Someone had killed Dante and Reggie, member of my Pack. Members of my family. And when I found out who this person was their ass was mine.

I turned to Rion "Where's Nick?"

"Follow me" Rion said and we did.

We were led to the set of doors right next to Sirena's. I opened the doors slowly and felt like my heart stopped.

"No, no" I cried, tears poured down my face hard.

I made my way over to Nick's bedside and held his hand. He was laid on a white bed just like Sirena was. His breathing so low I could barely hear it. It felt like someone ripped my heart out of my chest and stepped on it with me watching. He was hooked up to machines, I'm no doctor but I think they were helping him breathe.

I stared at the handsome face of my mate, feeling my whole world had just burst into flames. What was I going to do I heard a sound from behind me I turned and realized I wasn't alone, I had forgotten about everyone else. They were crying hard and I didn't know who needed comfort more me or Connor. Lily was breaking down in the arms of her mate. You know that song 'Absolutely (Story Of A Girl)' by Nine Days. Those few lines fit my life right now. "This is the story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world" well I was that girl.

"My baby, Lord no" Lily was crying.

"Tell me something" I said in a hard voice.

"We aren't sure what's wrong, we know he was stabbed and hit from behind. We believe he was poisoned as well, he's in a come. I am sorry" Rion said.

But I heard what he didn't say, if they didn't find out what was wrong, I would be burying my mate soon. I walked over to Connor and hugged him, it was the kind of comfort we both needed we cried in each other's arms. I had no freaking clue as to what was going to happen next. I had no clue how to handle any of this.

********************** 

So what did you think? 

--Necie