3

"We here, Nina!" Caden yelled from the kitchen, waking me up from my nap that I had taken to my bedroom.

They must have let themselves in with the key my mom copied for them. They came over here almost everyday, they needed their own key. No one wanted to keep getting up to let them inside.

I was very much used to their company. I practically dealt with them for all of my natural young life. They were more than friends to me.

I pushed the soft, fluffy comforter that I slept with off of me and made my way down the hallway. I watched as Luke and Cay unloaded the snacks from the gray Walmart bags.

Lucas was tall, at least 6 feet. He was a caramel color with tattoo sleeves all down his arms. He was a kind guy, but when tried the wrong way, that was a side of him that no one wanted to see. It verges on being taken to prison if pushed too far. Other than that, he could be sweet when in a good mood.

Luke's younger brother by two years, Caden, was more like 6'3. It was funny that the younger siblings were taller than the oldest to me. How ironic.

Cay had a more chocolate complexion than his brother with dreads down to his mid back. His personality was sort of mixed as well.

My boys were cute, but I wasn't attracted to them and they weren't attracted to me and we were okay with that. They were more like older brothers to me more than anything. I couldn't imagine being in a relationship with them at all.

"What snacks did y'all bring?" I asked, walking towards them. They turned around with huge smiles on their faces.

"Snickers and stuff." I smirked and shook my head.

The bags were filled with tons of candy and chips; Doritos, Snickers, Kit Kats, Sour Patches, Lays, and etc. They both gave me a tight hug and dug into the pizza. I washed my hands and grabbed two slices of the Buffalo Chicken, a bag of Funyuns, and I fixed me a glass of water.

We lied down in the middle of the living room floor and prayed over our food.

"What movie did y'all bring?" I asked them, taking a bite out of my pizza.

"Why would we bring a movie when you have Netflix?" Cay asked with a mouthful of chips.

"Exactly, that eight dollars a month is worth it. Need to slide us that password while you at it."

I burst out laughing and turned the television onto Netflix.

"Then, what we gone watch?" I asked.

Lucas grabbed the remote off of the couch and started skimming through the movies.

"We ain't finna watch nothing. We finna Netflix and chill."

"Heck yeah, think you gone let us come over to eat and watch movies? Ain't yo little girlfriends." We burst out laughing and I took a sip of my water.

"Don't get put out my house." Lucas chose Boyz N The Hood like we haven't already seen it a thousand times, but I couldn't complain. We loved Dough Boy.

_________________
Social Media:
Instagram: neiarenee
Twitter: taneiartxo