16

"You know what I'm going to ask you." I said to him once we freshend up. He was shirtless, sliding on a pair of jeans. I was dressed in only lingerie as I stood over my suitcase trying to find something to wear.

"I went back to my house, chilled over there for a bit." He slid on a white tee, adjusting it to fit him just right.

"A bit? You were gone for the rest of the day." He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Waiting up for me?" He kissed me on my neck and pulled me closer to him.

"No.."

"Don't lie ma." He smacked me on my butt before returning to get dressed.

"You should have called me or something, Deondre. You can't do that kind of stuff."

I settled on a pair of light blue jeans, a black tee that I cuffed the ends slightly as usual, and brown moccasin shoes. I put on two of my silver Alex & Ani bracelets and a silver MK watch.

"You know I love you, I ain't going nowhere. Just need space sometimes. You and that slick mouth." I walked over and wrapped my arms around him.

"You better not go or I'll kill you." I puckered my lips and he met me halfway.

"Let's go baby. Busy day ahead of us."

_______________

"You want the chicken and waffles?" Dee asked me, looking over his menu.

"I think I want the same thing." I sipped on my strawberry lemonade and Dee grabbed it from my hand, taking a swig himself.

"It has bacon in the waffles." I told him.

We were at Hash House A Go Go. It was the absolute best, and it's servings of food, gave you at least two days of leftovers. The size of the meals were huge. Definitely worth your money.

"I got work on Monday, Ma so no more laying around." Dee spoke up after we ordered our food and were left with just each other.

"Work where?" I asked, taking another sip of my drink. It was crazy that I didn't know where he worked. So much was going on in my life, I guess it wasn't a conversation we would have had.

"A little this and a little that."

"What does that mean?"

He chuckled and took a sip of his drink.

"It's nothing major. Just a little money making. That's it."

Just a little money making?

I didn't think to go more into depth with the conversation. From our argument last night, I've noticed that Dee has a short temper and I didn't think today would be the day to poke and prod.

Our food arrived after about thirty minutes. There were four waffles stacked on top of one another and two fried chicken breasts to top it all off, soaked in syrup. I looked around my food and smiled at Dee.

"Too big for you?" He laughed and started unstacking his food.

"Nah man, it's you I'm worried about. Bet not let this go to waste."

We started eating and Dee began to aim his camera at me. I smiled and covered my face.

"Why you gotta do that? I'm eating." He started laughing and swiped through his pictures.

"I already took some while you weren't looking. You're so beautiful." I smiled and picked apart my chicken. This guy.

_________

"May I get your name ma'am?" "Nina Carmelo." I was standing at the front desk of Shalom High. It was the middle of my senior year and I needed to get back on track since I moved. Shalom High was home of the Bulldogs and it was the same school Dee had graduated from last year.

"Middle name?" The lady asked me, typing every answer I have into her computer.

"Abigail."

"You are all set young lady. Monday morning at 7:20 is when we take in. You get out at 1:30 on regular days, 1:00 on Wednesdays."

She handed me my schedule and I placed it in my bag.

"Thanks." I turned around to see Dee sitting in the lobby chairs, texting away on his phone.

"Bae let's go."

______________

"Oakwood Center is a go." Dee and I chanted as we walked through the mall. I loved to shop and today was the day that I was going to do it the most.

"Bae, PINK." I said, grabbing his hand as he recorded me on his phone. My personal paparazzi.

We spent the rest of our day in the mall, spending money left and right. Today was great.

_________________
Social Media:
Instagram: neiarenee
Twitter: taneiartxo