NEW SENSATIONS

"Robin, c'mon- you know I didn't mean it like that".

He turns on his heels to meet my gaze, his eyes are a blazing green- so alive and haunting that the sight literally leaves me breathless.

"Then how did you mean it, Dean?". he raises a brow, defiant.

A sigh escapes my lips as I place my hands on my hips, god- I am shit at these conversations- I wet my dry lips as I try and calm myself down- I know if I get this wrong that I could lose everything.

He scoffs and shakes his head.

"I knew it- god, you're such like every bone headed alpha. This child is not a 'plan' Dean, this child is destined for a great future over this pack, Yes. But this child is going to be a product of love for you and your wife- I am only doing this so this child will be loved and be cared for but I don't want to have this child if you're just going to keep referring to it as a 'plan'". I stare wide eyed at him, he spoke with such calmness yet a protectiveness that I have never seen before broke through his words- his hands even cupped his slim stomach.

why does the sight make my heart swell with pride, happiness and a weird smugness that I could have got him pregnant- cor, this is fucking confusing. Though his words ring the truth.

As fast as the pride came, the regret washes over me.

"You're right". I groan loudly. I run a hand over my face. "This is all new to me and it's strange, Robin. I want this child, not just for the future of my pack but just down to the fact that I want to be a father, I need to be a father. I will love and protect our pup with everything I have".

He stares at me for a moment, his brow furrowing cutely into a frown as he whispers:

"Ours? you meant yours, right? Vic's and Yours".

did I say our?

I feel my cheeks warming with embarrassment.

"Yeah, of course- sorry, I got confused". I mumble as I rub the back of my neck which isn't a lie, this whole situation is fucking confusing.

He sighs quietly, my eyes fly to his now calm looking face, he runs a hand through his short, soft auburn hair, the sun brings out red tints within his brown locks.

A warmth takes hold in my chest.

"it's okay- listen, this is going to be a confusing and strange road to take and that's even if I do get pregnant- we need to be honest with one another. We can do this". He speaks so calmly and so mature that it makes me feel like a child.

He looks at me and a rush runs through me- it's as if he can see right through me.

"Don't worry so much, you'll get lines". He smiles so softly that it seems a sudden movement would make it break like marble. My heart clenches and my wolf makes a soft sound- what is happening?

My throat quivers as I try to speak- I wet my lips again and clear my throat.

"Vic is always telling me that- to stop worrying". I felt almost awkward bringing my wife up in conversation- but I don't know why- why would I feel awkward about bringing my wife into this conversation- yet, I feel like my spirit has been dampened. That her mere mention of existence has tarnished this moment.

"You're a worrier, huh? That doesn't help with anything- so, stop worrying about whether or not I am pregnant and just focus on your pack, ok". He states, it's not a question. I feel the worry I felt disappear and I smile, genuinely at him.

"Thanks".

"No problem". He reaches forward and squeezes his hand on my arm and the feeling it sends through me has me pulling away in surprise- warmth, so much warmth travelled through me- my wolf stirred powerfully at the touch.

he's never reacted like that before- not even with Vic.

"Woah, are you okay? Uh, did I squeeze too hard?". Robin asks with a slight chuckle as he looks me over caringly.

"Uh". Say something!. "Yeah, I just remembered that I have a meeting that I am late for- c'mon, i'll drive you home". I say, slightly frazzled.

"Oh, ok, no problem". he almost chirps. " actually, I think I might stay in town for a while, I need to get a few things but I will see you later at the pack". He smiles kindly before walking past me- on instinct I stand in front of him- he freezes and looks up at me, confused.

"Uh, block much?".

"Where are you going?". I find myself pushing back the sudden possessive alpha that is trying to break through and take him back to the pack where I know where he is at all times.

"I literally just told you- I am going a wandering- I need to get some books". He huffs, slightly annoyed but my wolf doesn't like him being alone.

and neither do I.

"Cant you just order them from online or something". I demand as I find myself moving closer almost cornering him to the car so he cant escape.

"No, I cant because they're waiting for me at Phoenix's- Dean, please calm down- you're radiating off your power and it's suffocating". He whispers.

I stare down at him and something inside just takes over and I find my hand in his hair, so soft as I cascade my fingers through it- like water.

He stiffens.

"I don't want anything to happen to you". I whisper.

"Nothing is going to happen, this is your alpha, he's worried for his future offspring- I will be fine, you have to trust me, I will phone you in a hour and if I need anything I will text you, I promise".

My wolf calms down as he speaks, I nod and it's forced as I pull away from him-

"uh, okay- I'll see you in a bit, be careful- please". I all but plead him.

"Of course, go and see your wife- go and have a romantic time because before you know it you will be having to get up every four hours over a crying pup- so go". He laughs and the sound is beautiful it brings a smile to my face.

"Alright, see you soon, Robin. Remember to text or phone me or I will phone you". I threaten which makes him chuckle even more. He taps my chest reassuringly and I find myself yearning for more touching.

He moves past me and I watch him as he walks down the road, headphones in and oblivious to the feelings that he is stirring within me.

...................