Chapter 7

ELIZABETH POV

Finally I'm free. Free from all the stress, free from all the emptiness, free from all the loneliness, and most of all, free from Xander. Ugh YUS!

I must be lying down on my heavenly bed. I frown, are all heaven beds have scratchy sheets? Or really thin blankets? What is that sound? Beeping? What the hell?!

I open my eyes. Ugh it didn't work! I'm in a hospital bed! My vision goes down to my wrists, there were thick bandages on it. I'm wearing a hospital gown. Great! It's the kind where my ass hangs out in the back for all the world to see.

I felt someone holding my hand. I look down and couldn't really process what I was seeing. I come face to face with a sleeping Xander. He was sitting on a small plastic seat and his head was lying on the side of my bed with his hand in mine. Why is he here? I couldn't understand what would bring him to my bed side. 

I weakly and slowly remove my hand from his. He starts to stir in his sleep. He's about to wake up! I panicked for a moment and so I close my eyes and pretend that I'm asleep. I am so childish sometimes.

I can feel him sit up on his chair, staring at me.

"You're not very good at pretending Izzy. I know you're awake."

Damn! I thought I was doing so well! I open my eyes. Wow he looks...horrible. His stubble has grown into a beard. His hair is everywhere. His eyes are red with purple bags under them. He looks a if he's been worrying himself to death. But why would he be worried?

"How long have I been out?" My voice is all dry and raspy.

"You've been out for a week Izzy." His voice was also was raspy and dry as if he'd had no sleep at all. 

A week! Damn! I must have bled out heaps...wait a minute...IZZY?!? I stare at him wide eyed. He knows? How the hell does he know? Did Mrs Nightwalker tell?

"My name is Lizzy," I said weakly.

His eyes were soft as well as his voice,"It was the necklace. When I found you, your necklace, well...my necklace was showing."

"Why are you here Xander?" I ask cautiously.

He leans back in his chair, "I came because I want to make things right."

I scoff, "Make things right."

Guilt was reflecting in his eyes as he stared at the sheets of my bed as if they were the most interesting thing in the whole world, "Izzy-"

"Don't call me that!" I snarled, "I am not Izzy to you anymore."

He looks at me, "Why did you hide who you were to me when you first came to the pack?"

I shook my head, "I don't know, maybe its because my mate who is this psychotic Alpha just attacked my pack, practically kidnapped me, and treated me like shit. Why would I want to reveal myself, in fact why would it matter to you at all since you don't seem to give a shit about mates anyway? Why would I set myself up to be hurt like that?"

He nods his head slowly, "That's fair enough." He agreed quietly. 

"Yeah I know that it's fucking fair enough." We sit in silence. I watch his big figure sitting in such a small hospital chair twirling something in his hand. It was my necklace, or I guess his necklace...technically, "Why are you here, Xander?" I am so confused. Why is he even here? He seems so...concerned?

"I'm not a good man, Elizabeth," He said through a strained voice, "I'm not trying to disregard the hurt I've caused you. What I did was...unforgivable."