Chapter Two

I woke up with a start the next day, my back sore from laying the way I had been the whole night. I had spent a majority of the night researching more about Killian and exactly who he was but came up with little more than what he was well known for. Now that I had slept through most of the morning, I roll out of bed and walk to the bathroom.

Stripping down out of my clothes quickly, I step into the shower. I didn't wait for the warm water to relax my tense muscles today. Entirely too much was still running through my mind. Placing my wrists carefully under the stream of the water, I watch as the red-pink water slowly disappears down the drain, leaving the fresh cuts red and puffy. I hadn't put them on my wrist this time. Too many people could see the fresh wounds if I had. They were closer to my elbows and out of the way. They hurt more than the others, but it was nothing compared to everything else.

As soon as my hair was washed and my body as well, I let the water run over my skin and through my hair a little longer for safe measure before stepping out from under the warmth. Wrapping the towel snuggly around myself, I set to work putting leave-in conditioner into my mess of my black hair and covering my face with makeup to match my hazelnut skin tone. Once finished, I quickly throw on clean clothes, faded blue jeans with a tear in the right knee and a black long sleeve, with a wince. I needed coffee to help wake myself up, and frankly there was only one good place to get a decent drink: the little shop Killian worked at.

 I needed coffee to help wake myself up, and frankly there was only one good place to get a decent drink: the little shop Killian worked at

The small shop was surprisingly busy for this time of day. People sat and talked easily with each other as they sipped their drinks and munched on whatever food they had gotten. I glance around quickly, holding my head a little higher but still working to keep myself invisible. I didn't want much attention.

My gaze stops as I find the familiar form of the man I had met yesterday. He was near the back of the store, just a few tables away from where I had sat yesterday. I walk up to him slowly, hesitant on my decision to talk to him once more. What happened to the one time meeting him thing? Shaking the thought off, I take in his appearance for the day. It was easier since he wasn't focusing on me at all at the moment

He wore a black t-shirt and, from my guess, jeans along with that. He had a troubled look on his face as if whatever he was doing on his laptop sitting in front of him wasn't working out like he wished it would. His hair was a bit of a mess unlike how it had been yesterday but he otherwise looked awake and alive today. I couldn't help the smile that touched my face again for just a short moment as I realized where my thoughts were heading.

"Lozier... That's your name, Killian Lozier," I say softly, hesitence clear in my own voice. I just hope he won't question it. After a moment, I continue, "I knew a Lozier girl. Kelly? Do you know her?"

He didn't verbally answer me, continuing to type away at his computer after sliding a folder in my direction. I immediately shy away again but only slightly before taking the folder in my hands, confusion flooding through me. He gestured for me to read it as soon as I had taken it in my hands, still silent and eyes on the computer screen. Whatever he was working on was clearly taking up most of his mind. My only reasoning for the silence was that he didn't want to lose his train of thought.