Chapter Four

I never thought to ask for the kind of vehicle to look for nor the person's appearance I was told would usher me away to Killian's place. After a short conversation with him, however, I was told to look for thee most expensive car and a girl with red and and green eyes, most likely wearing knee high boots and some kind of designer sunglasses.

It was difficult to see anything from the sunlight shining in through the window and the mess of people usually crowding the sidewalk. Walking outside to get a better view, I become aware of the people staring at me. Drawing myself up, I do my best to shove their looks out of my mind as I glance at the cars lining the street. Red hair shouldn't be hard to find since I haven't seen many people with that color hair around town much. I found her almost immediately. I knew it was her because she looks exactly how Killian had described. Nervousness raced through me and had to take a deep breath of the cool air to calm myself. She knew why I was here so there was no problem, right? With the phone gripped in my hand yet, I hid my hands behind my back as I hesitantly approached her.

"Umm... Hey," I say uneasily. I hated this already. I knew, no matter what happened, I was going to be judged by this girl. It was always the same.

The girl's green eyes slid over me but very little expression crossed her features that would give away her thoughts. With the possibility of a faint smile on her lips, the red haired girl's voice rang out into the air. It was gentle, like a feather brushing against my skin, but firm. She was clearly the confident type.

"So you're Reese. Nice to meet you. Now, I have a date to get to so get in the car," she says bluntly, slipping back into the car again. Starting the engine, I catch the slight smile that flit across her face as the machine purred to life.

I didn't hesitate much longer and quickly joined her, taking the passenger seat without a word. I didn't know what to say. All I knew was that she was judging me silently and I didn't want to give her anything else to judge me off. Killian said this girl would 'love' me when we talked, yet she seemed too busy to notice me or seemingly care right now.

"So, how did you meet Killian? Let me guess, he was the chivalrous man who sent you off with a cake?"

I glanced over at what I suppose I could call my chauffeur for the time being. She had a bright smile on her face, the kind that always set me off. It seemed sudden and unexpected, but at least it gave me a little hope. I gave a little smile of my own in return for a moment before turning back to look out the window. "Yeah, sort of. He was the one that brought my drink to me instead of the usual ones."

"He did that for me once and I threw it in his face," she laughs. "Then we became friends. He only gives cake to his closest friends, you know. It's his way of saying 'thank you', 'i'm sorry', 'congratulations'... It's his way of saying have hope and smile. He only gave me a cake once and that was the most special gift I have ever received."

Again, I didn't know what to say so I just kept silent.

"I have a favor to ask of you," she asks after a little while.

I turn to look at her. An almost sad smile overcame her features in the short time I had looked away. I began to wonder what this favor was. It couldn't be bad, could it? I gave a slight nod in reply, unable to find the words I want.

"If- no, please don't break Killian's heart. Even if it's for his own good, don't break it."

"Break it? What do yo- we aren't like that." I felt my face redden even as I said that. I put a hand on my face to hide my embarrassment, though a smile began forming at the thought. It was ridiculous to think, though. He couldn't feel that way for me. No one ever did.