Chapter Thirty-Six

FANS *Just a note*-this is the last chapter of "A Love Worthy", however, there will be an epilogue.:) Stay tuned!

            Hours later, Ginelle found herself sitting where she had remained since arriving back from town. She peered with an empty stare around the room, reliving those moments that made her heart ache.

            The moment she heard him coming, she straightened and inhaled a deep breath, feeling a swift tightness in her chest as the door swung inward.

            She noticed his hesitation, his confusion at finding the room dimly lit, and the bed neatly intact. When his eyes finally found her, sitting quietly in the chair, he slowly closed the door behind him.

            "What is this?" he asked notably as his eyes accessed her frame. She had not removed her cloak or slippers.

            "I am leaving." She said assuredly.

            He frowned and stepped towards her. "Leaving? Where are you going?"

            She stood as he stepped closer, his blue eyes piercing as he stared down at her. "Far from here." She felt her confidence swaying beneath his intense stare and struggled to say what she had practiced over and again since returning home. "Far from you."

            His face darkened with a mixture of confusion and anger. "What's going on, Ginelle?"

            She jerked her chin upward, determined to not waver, fighting back the tears that threatened to materialize. "I saw you." The moment she said it aloud, they came uncontrollably, laboriously wetting her face as her emotions poured out of her like a dark, black cloud containing all its rain. "I saw you." She rasped, achingly. "How could you lie to me? How could you continue seeing her knowing what she did to me?"

            She felt a sob rising and inhaled sharply, pivoting away from him, unable to look at him without feeling that merciless ache in her heart.

            "Ginelle-"

            She wrenched away from him as he attempted to grab her. "Do not touch me." She hissed, crossing the room to put space between them. "I'm leaving tonight. I've gathered my things. I'll have Henry assist me."

            When she looked up and met his gaze, her anger intensified. He was actually smirking! Enraged, she had the sudden urge to pummel the grin right off his face. "You find my heartache amusing?" she blurted the words before forestalling them and immediately regretted it.

            His smirk vanished and all sincerity softened his face. He stepped towards her and she realized she had no where to turn. He had backed her to a corner. She was determined to look elsewhere but he forced her head up and she gasped as she looked into his eyes. They were the gentlest of blue, that tender blue that bespoke his love; relayed the truth in his heart. "You are wrong, ma petite."

            Her heart began to pound dramatically with his words. She shook her head as if to convince herself otherwise. "I saw you."

            His mouth curled into a grin, his blue eyes twinkling as he reached up and pushed a blond strand from her face. "What did you see, ma petite?"

            Her eyes narrowed heatedly. "I saw you with Victoria." Her lip quivered despite her anger, "I saw you holding her like a man who loves his woman." She attempted to pull away but he held her firm. "I'd rather we not do this. I wish to leave."