Chapter 6

Aiden's P.O.V

Blood.

That's all I see. 

I can't breathe, why can't I breathe?

I'm under water, drowning. There is a person there. A man. But he won't save me, he'll just sit there and watch me die.

He's laughing at me, while the blood falls out of me and makes the clear blue water turn a dark crimson colour. 

Then there is a tingling feeling going through my body and suddenly I feel like I can breathe again. 

The man disappears and is replaced by my saviour. It looks like a girl with long, dark hair. 

She is saying something but I can't hear it. What is she trying to say to me?

Finally, I can see her face. It's that beautiful girl I met a few weeks ago. What was her name again? April, that's it!

The tingling is becoming more intense, and the words she is saying to me are finally registering.

"Wake up Aiden." She says in a soft voice. Wake up? What is she talking about? 

"Wake up," she whispers again. She is playing with my hair and it feels so good, so calming. 

She starts to caress my cheek with her small and soft hands, and it's like I'm drifting away because everything is starting to disappear, including April. 

No! Why is she leaving me?!? What's happening to me?!? How can she be gone, but the tingling still be there?

Then I open my eyes and I see her again. I lift my head from the pillow to look at my surroundings. Where am I? Why am I on a bed and not in that stupid hospital-like room? 

Then everything comes back to me. This is my room now. I look back over to April and see that she is already looking at me. She has this soft look to her face and there is an emotion in her eyes. What is that? Is that affection? Admiration maybe? 

I don't get it. Why would she look at me like that? Doesn't she understand that I am a monster? I also take into account that her hand is on my cheek. So that is why I feel all tingly. 

It's weird because I both like it and hate it at the same time. It's almost like I want to pull her hand off of my face, but at the same time, keep it firmly planted on it.

"Good you're awake," she tells me with some excitement and what sounds like accomplishment for getting me to wake up.

"Yeah, why am I awake again?" was my amazing reply. Well you can't blame me. I'm exhausted, it's early in the morning, plus this bed is really comfy. Nobody is out to kill me right now so I had a bit of time to sleep a bit more before my nightmare woke me up on it's own.

"We're going shopping," she tells me. Shopping really? She woke me up for shopping? I don't do shopping.

"Why?"

Don't argue with her! Get your lazy ass out of this bed and make our mate happy!!!! yells the voice in my head. Ugh, he's back. I thought I got rid of him. I guess wishes don't come true.

Okay first of all, I heard that! And second of all, you can't get rid of me. I am a part of you, if you try to get rid of me you die.

Damn. That's harsh.

I tune back into what April is saying.

"... And since you will be staying here now, you need your own clothes. You can't keep borrowing Nate's clothes," who the hell is Nate! "plus you are going to need some stuff that just screams you, for your room."