Part 2

I woke up feeling content. I looked around my small room with pride. I was happy with my sky blue colored room. There was a small aged wooden desk in the corner on the right side of my room. I looked over towards my dainty walk-in closet and could see that the clothes inside were scarce but that didn't bother me, I was used to it. I laid in the twin-sized bed for a few minutes longer but finally decided that I didn't want to spend my 18th birthday lying about.

I decided to head down to the pond and because it was my birthday, it would be the only day to go. It was a nice day and a bunch of other teenagers were going to be there as well. The pond was murky and a brown color but the sun kept it nice and warm for everyone to swim. There was a big old tree that grew out of the pond, or it was there before it was a pond. The tree had a long, thick, and sturdy branch that stretched over a portion of the pond that held a knotted rope the teens used to swing or climb for years. I hadn't been able to go since I was young but I was sure it was the same.

I showered and just threw on a faded but colorful dress that would be coming off when I got to the pond. After the nice short walk from the pack house, I was surprised to see it deserted. I pulled the dress off so I was only wearing panties and started towards the water. I knew that my body held numerous bruises and healing scratches but I pushed that away. Today, I just wanted to be a normal teenager. I didn't want to have to feel the shame that I usually wore. I covered them only because they were reminders that I deserved them. They were a reminder of my parents leaving me.

A smile found its way onto my face as the warm water lapped around my ankles. I laid down on the sandy bank as the shallow water surrounded me and let my skin soak up the bright sun. My skin was incredibly pale due to the fact I wasn't able to go outside much because Damien didn't think it was appropriate that I should get outside privileges. He said that I was the black sheep, the one blemish on the pack and they didn't deserve to have to look upon my ugliness and the dishonor that I brought to the pack.

Since it was my one day to do what I desired, I wanted my skin to soak up as much sun as it could handle, even if that meant burning. It would make the hits more painful but I wouldn't have to look at my ghostly pale face in the mirror anymore. I could hear more rowdy yelling and laughing to signify that some of the packs teenagers were coming. I was nervous that they would try to mess with me but I was pretty sure that Damien talked to them. He may be downright malicious to me but he did listen to his father. He trusted his father explicitly and listened whenever his father made suggestions. It wasn't often that his father made any suggestions about me but I would take what I could get.

I sat up as a group of naked guys started to climb the giant tree and jump into the water. I looked passed them and saw a group of females coming in similar attire, or lack thereof, as mine. The pack is raised around each other with little clothing, it was normal. Most of the people found clothes uncomfortable and restraining. I usually wore clothes all of the time but today, I felt freer than I ever had before. I didn't get up or try to engage anyone there. I knew they weren't friends so I kept to myself.

As I was staring off into the water, I caught a male's eye staring right back at me. I realized it was Owen James. Owen was a nice guy and also very attractive. His chocolate skin looked to be as soft as a plush blanket while his body looked trim and muscular. He was a perfect male specimen that I often found myself unknowingly admiring from afar. He wasn't particularly mean to me, he usually just left me alone and that in itself made me like him slightly more than the rest.

When we made eye contact, Owen quickly dived back into the murky water and swam the opposite way. I brushed off the weird occurrence and laid back down and closed my eyes. I loved feeling the sun warming my skin. Many nights I had laid in my bed, shaking from the cold because I had a sad excuse of a blanket but this felt incredible. My day off was starting off pretty great and I couldn't think of a better way of spending it.