Bonus Chapter: Part 2

"Alex, I told you we can't do this here," Abby whispered as Alex wrapped an arm around her waist. She was on his lap and he was refusing to let her up.

"Why not?"

"Anyone could walk in," Abby said. "Plus, it's the office! We agreed to separate business and personal stuff, remember?"

"I never agreed to that." He leaned over and quickly kissed her lips, "Besides, I'm the boss. I can do whatever I want, remember? And since you're my girlfriend..."

Abby squeezed his cheeks, "Then I can report you to HR?"

He leaned forward and pulled her into a deeper kiss. Abby smiled against his lips, "You're a very bad influence."

"Am I?" he pulled her closer and Abby groaned as his hands tightened around her.

They didn't hear the knock at the door or the embarrassed gasp of Alex's mother.

"Oh my," Mrs. Carter said loudly before clearing her throat. When that didn't work she clapped her hands together several times and even stomped her foot.

Abby opened her eyes and pushed herself off of Alex's lap. She looked down at her blouse and noticed Alex had unbuttoned several of the pearl beads, exposing her chest. She twirled around and adjusted her clothing while Alex quickly ran his thumb across his lips, hoping Abby's lipstick wasn't all over his face.

"Mother, haven't you ever heard of knocking?" he asked, clearly not willing to make an excuse for what his mother just walked into.

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Carter," Abby whispered, her head lowered.

"What are you sorry about?" Alex asked. "You're my girlfriend. What kind of man would I be if I didn't try to seduce my girlfriend every chance I got?"

Abby gave him a worried glance and shook her head but he just winked at her.

"Abby," Mrs. Carter said slowly. "Would you mind leaving me and my son alone for a few moments?"

Abby's eyes widened as she turned to Alex who shook his head. He wanted her to stay.

"Please," Mrs. Carter said firmly. Abby understood it wasn't a request. She grimaced before shooting an apologetic look at Alex and dashing out of the office.

"You scared her, Mother," Alex said, chagrined.

Mrs. Carter lifted her clutch and brought it down on Alex's shoulder, "You aught to be ashamed of yourself! What if someone else had come in your office and saw you groping your assistant?"

Alex lifted his arms, chuckling, "You and Felicia are the only ones brave enough to enter without my permission."

"I don't want people gossiping about her."

"They won't gossip about her," Alex assured her as he stepped out of her reach. He adjusted his tie. "Everyone knows we're in a relationship. They wouldn't dare get on my bad side."

"Not to your face," his mother muttered. "You two have been dating for awhile now. Longer than any other girl I've seen you with."

"So?"

"So?" his mother repeated, mocking him. "So your father and I can't help but wonder how long it's going to take before you give us a grandchild."

Alex coughed and looked away.

"Oh no you don't," his mother pulled at his suit's collar. "You knew this was coming so don't act shy."

"Mother, just because we're seriously dating, doesn't mean I'm trying to get her pregnant."