Chapter 1

"How the hell did you do that?"

"Papa taught me ! Now, get up and admit that I am a good fighter than you." Young Maia demanded in an unladylike manner.

"No, I won't. Papa never taught me that move, so you won". He said in an agitated tone brushing off the mud and hay on his pants.

"But I defeat you everytime, brother."
"You may. But remember that you are not invincible.  There are men who can defeat you."
"Maybe! But there are girls like me who can fight them off" Maia said in a proud voice.

"Just wait till the next month, untill papa will find you a man and you will get married. Then you see, you will be changed or rather you have to get changed for marriage will bring out a Lady out of my Lioness."

"But Jason, I don't want to get married . You know that I hate love."

Maia became red with a feeling of tension. She couldn't take it. This very thought made her sick and sad.
Jason noticed the sudden change on her face. He fought with her but loved her more than anything. He was proud of his sister but was concerned too. And he knew well the extend Maia hated marriage. She hated to be tied up because her spirits were different from others.
Mother felt that Maia had always had Indian blood in her. Not only for her liking for a wild , wandering life but as she grew up this became more striking. At fifteen she was tall with sinewy limbs, a very keen face, of those whose senses were strong and rough, who was fast with speech and strike, alert eyes always watchful, obvious for ones who were used to guard, and full vigour and charm delightful to all those who knew knew her busy, cheerful and adventurous life.

" Hey,  lets hurry home, Mamma must be waiting for us.. Lets race and see who reaches first," he said changing the topic.

Maia plastered a smile on her face and joined her brother. They mounted on their horses. Maia patted her horse giving a sharp smile that signified her confidence and said"Come on, Angel lets begin the game."

As they rode through the woods , Maia on her white Angel and Jason on his Brownny, they looked two tigers running in search of a prey.
Maia looked so skilled and Jason quite stern.
Her blonde hairs that was tied into braids flung in the hair. Her emerald green eyes showed determination and pride. She looked priceless yet unconquerable. A girl of fifteens, Maia had a height which never stopped going up. She didn't know what to do with those fair but long limbs of hers. She had curves, but she even had muscles attained after tiring practice. She had an athlete physique but still a tender and raw grace, the hidden charms of a Lady, the wisdom and instances of a girl who had to fight some fierce battles under the cover and attire of a man, the sweetness attained from a well- brought up mother and the other features hard to describe but easy to detect.

She had golden, lustrous, long hairs which hung in soft curls upto her waist, behind which she hid herself, because compliments made her shy, whoever it spoke. Her emerald green eyes had a cheerful glow when merry and graciousand a stubborn fire when offended. She had a tiny waist, was plumy, fair and sweet. The entire land had a lovely scent under her influence, and it improved everyone of her brothers and worshippers without exactly knowing how or why. Everyone praised her,  but it did  her no harm, only to teach her that her presence brought sunshine, her smiles made answering smiles on other faces and her griefs filled everyone's hearts with tenderest sympathy. She was a blissful Lady, a loving mother, an adamant father, a worshipped power and overall a standing army.

"First!"Maia said in a high voice as they reached their Castle garden.

"Well then, I am second for sure, it alright, I will do it the next time."

Together they walked to the stable , tying their horses there they slowely headed to the castle.
The long irony doors of the castle gate opened showing a wonderfully made palace interior.
"Where on Earth have you been? What have you done to your dress, Jason and what is it that you are wearing Maia?. I cant get a thing of it!". Linda , the queen bombarded a lot of questions on seeing her children in the most hated situation.

"Calm down mamma. We were just here. Just practicing sword fighting. " answered Jason in a concerned tone looking at Maia.

"Fine jason, but didn't you see what your sister is wearing? What will the people think at this? Why do you children always forget that we are royalty. And Maia , why do I have to remind you the thing that you are a Princess and you have certain rules to follow.You can't fight like a knight and wear all these stupid stuff." Linda said angrily as she grew hot on seeing her daughter in a white shirt, brown trousers and boots.

"Its the hundredth time you are saying that", said Maia.

"And yet you don't care to change your ways, dear".

" Mamma, I know that I am supposed to wear a gown and stay here in the palace. But you see I can't fight wearing a gown. So..", Maia said laughing in an boyish way.

"I really doubt that you are a boy!"
Maia walked near her mother and murmured in her ears, " Even I doubt the same, Mamma!".

Linda looked at her daughter with disbelief as Maia winked at her and ran upstairs. She was afraid. She wanted Maia to be a perfect woman who will be honoured and loved. But Maia was just the reverse. She never liked the girlish ways. She was beautiful and angelic but bold and adamant too.
And Linda knew that her daughter- the prized gem of  Nimartha will never change. She sighed,
"I think I am taming a colt. But I will never succeed!"
Yes, she was right. She was after a colt. But she will succeed at the end only if the master is patient and persevering.

********
Okay guys. That was the first chapter. I know that this one is quite casual and not upto the mark. But the next ones will surely be better. I swear! I
hope my imagination satisfies ur expectations. Thanks for all those who read it. But pls vote n commnt frnds. It feels good to know that there is someone with this leftout writer.
Byee lovies!! See u all sooooo !!!♥♥