Chapter 4

(Edited)

Okay, here is Chapter 4. Comment and vote, I want your feedback! If you have suggestions, comment! Mostly edited. Hope you enjoy!

***********************************************

David

The blonde girl. Right here in front of me.

'I would have thought that the rogue got her!' My wolf, Fortis exclaimed to me mentally. But I wasn't listening.

I was to focused on what was happening to me. The tingling that had happened in the woods, was happening again, but more strongly.

I was touching her hip, because when she fell on me, I didn't want her to fall.

I had found the packs' Luna. This girl was my mate.

My human mate.

She looked up at me, and I knew she could feel the tingles to. She was staring at me, and her human scent bathed around me. But inside, I knew Fortis was yipping with joy.

We had found our Luna!

The girl stared at me with wide eyes, before she whirled around and dashed down the sidewalk, really fast.

"Wait!" I called after her, but with a humans' hearing, she probably couldn't hear me. And being as beautiful as a girl as she was, and with all the hunters in this town, her first instinct was probably to run.

Humans didn't understand the tingles like werewolves do.

Layla

*********************

I was terrified. The way he looked at me. The way - it just felt so right to be in his arms. And my heart and mind were dying to go back to him, to be in his arms - but my instincts told me no.

I had to protect myself, as the last shifter left.

'Layla...' Canis whined, and I knew what she wanted. She wanted him. And so did I.

And the funny thing was, I didn't know why I wanted him.

I didn't think I was ready for a mate...especially a supernatural creature, one that I had never seen before.

And to think that me and David were mates!

When I was younger, I had always thought that my mate would be another shifter...that is, until all of the Pure Shifters were wiped out by the Dark Shifters.

'Go back!' Canis whimpered, and I knew that I should go back. And tomorrow, after work, I would. I was determined.

***************************

4:56. Almost six o'clock. Just one more hour.

One more hour until I would finally fully meet my soulmate, the one that I would spend the rest of my life with. And I was nervous.

I twiddled with my thumbs at the counter. I was back to practicing cashier, and it was actually going okay.

Until I overheard Fernando and Danny talking.

"Didn't you hear? David is looking for a girl...he said that he found our Luna! We have to look out for her...she has blue eyes, blonde hair, pale skin, and she is about 5'4." Fernando was telling Danny, while I was waiting for someone to purchase their items.

"Fernando...Layla is our Luna! She matches the description perfectly! But David's mate is...human." Danny said, and he smiled faintly.

"I guess it will be the first human Luna..." Fernando said, and he sounded disappointed. Although I was nowhere near human, I was hurt.