Chapter 5 Part 2

(Edited)

So Wattpad messed up my writing...and it got deleted. So here's part two... D:

Layla

_____________

"You found a nice mate, David. She hides her werewolf scent very well." Anna smiled sweetly.

I cringed, and David winced. They didn't realize that I was "human". What were they going to think about me? Luke was the only one who knew about me. I couldn't let anyone find out.

"Well, um, that's because...Layla isn't a werewolf." David scratched the back of his head, and I could tell that he felt really awkward right now. But, I would to.

"What do you mean? What do you mean! The Kaiser pack won't be strong with a human Luna! This is not your mate, David! She will not be your mate!" Braden was fuming, and Anna looked at David in disgrace. David was stunned.

And so was I. I couldn't help myself, and tears started to stream down my face. I turned to the woods, and ran away, not caring about showing off my in-human speed. I'd probably never see them again.

When I got far enough from their staring eyes, I shifted into my wolf. No padding footsteps followed me, and I didn't know if I was grateful, or...

I don't know.

A clearing was coming up, as I ran farther and farther way from the pack house. The clearing was dry, and the sun shone through the opening in the trees.

Whimpering silently, I settled down in the clearing, lying on my side.

So what if I was human! Shifter or not, I would be upset with David's parents.

'Does David even love me? He hasn't come after me!' I yelled to Canis, upset.

'I'm sure he does. He is your soulmate, Layla." Canis replied reassuringly. I sighed, and looked around the woods, from my spot. I closed my eyes, not knowing what to expect.

********************************

A branch cracked, to my right. I started, and my eyelids whipped open frantically. Looking around the circular clearing, I shrunk back, noticing many pairs of eyes, from greens to browns.

A red-black wolf stepped out from the bushes, and I sighed in relief when I realized it was David. He came back!

But David's eyes were unfriendly. He didn't recognize me in my wolf form, and he didn't recognize my scent. The eyes flashed furiously in the bushes, and I felt small.

"I thought I told you to leave my territory, rogue!" David snarled in wolf language. His wolf was strong and sleek-muscled, and I almost purred out loud.

"Da- uh, I was-" I was at a loss for words. He stood there, looking unamused. If only he knew that the wolf standing in front of him, was me, his Luna.

"I warned you, and you have disobeyed me, rogue! Prepare to face the wrath of my pack." David growled, showing sharp, pointed wolf teeth. He flashed a look to the bushes, and the eyes began to get closer.

"David, wait! Don't!" Luke's dark grey form approached from the bushes, and I heard a few strange wolf gasps. Luke's eyes flashed sympathetically at me, and I gave him a look of helplessness.

"Are you a traitor, Luke! How dare you go against your alpha!" A voice came from the undergrowth, and I wasn't sure who it was.

"Morgan, hold him!" David called to a slender blue-grey wolf. She looked at Luke, and held him back weakly. As if she knew something David and the others didn't...

Luke and Morgan froze, and I knew that they were using the mind-link.

They had a closeness that only...mates had. They must have been mates, but didn't know it yet.

"Now, rogue, leave, or prepare to face the consequences..."David had an evil glare, and would not let go.

"No wait!" Luke scrambled, but a brown wolf launched theirself on top of him. Sadness in his eyes, he gave me a look that was saying 'sorry'.

David was ready to leap, and so were the pack mates.

They were going to injure, or even kill me.

I knew what I had to do. I had to do it now. My secret, all the years of hiding...

Pale skin began to form over grey fur. Blonde hair flowed past my shoulders, and I stood on two legs, instead of four. The faces of all the wolves had dropped, astonished by what they had just seen.

Except for Luke. And Morgan.

But somehow I knew that Luke hadn't told her about me. She had just...known.

The wolves began to shift into their human selves. David was last. His face was what scared me. He looked...disappointed.

"What are you? What are you! You are definitely not human, and you are no werewolf. Are you a danger to this pack? Why are you here? You will not threaten this pack!" Anna glared at me, and I suddenly felt extremely small.

"I-" before I could finish, Morgan, her raven-black hair shining in the sun, stood up and gave an explanation that must have won them over.

Green eyes sparkling, she only had to say a few words.

"She is not human, nor werewolf, nor danger to this pack." She glanced around, to make sure everyone was following, while I just stood there, silent.

"She is a Pure-Shifter. The last one alive."

Sorry it took so long to write. This is probably the worst I have done, to. I don't really know what to say... I guess it's a cliffhanger I left you on, but... I don't know.

Anyway, not my best work. But, comment, vote...