13.Strike team.

KADEN

"just as a curiosity. you guys fuck each other yet?" Dean talks from the backseat on the way to the warehouse. skylar presses her lips into a hard line that curls into a smile. i don't answer the question instead she asks another.  

"why? are you interested in a threesome?"

he laughs. "shit, i mean, no offense man but i can't do the whole two guy thing" 

"aww i was actually feeling it" skylar laughs but i give her a serious look.

"girl, this is too much for you". knowingly i smile just a little. she can take a lot more than that, dean. "and this motherfucker doesn't share" he adds, damn right he doesn't. "how did you lovebirds meet?" is he for real right now?

"dude... we're. not. together" skylar says 

"what do you mean?" he annoys her on purpose.

"i mean we're going to the same place but i hate him" she gives me a wide grin. 

i drive onto the property, right outside the city. this is where they keep a pretty good stash of illegal weapons. all inside trucks ready to leave for the docks. "why is this necessary again?" dean asks pulling his laptop onto his lap and typing away. the gates slide open in a matter of minutes.

"because i'm angry, that's why. he needs to know i'm not fucking around. i'm coming onto him with everything i've got." i get out of the car to get two M4A1s i put on my trunk. Skylar gets out with me. there's only 4 cars parked outside. workers. 

"where are you going? you can't come inside"

"uhh, yeah i can, and i will"

"no..." i explain. "there are...." i give her a look, i know about the chemical bomb one of the manufacturers has been developing. "they're using all types of shit in a chemical bomb, benzene, arsenic. there's enough radiation inside that warehouse alone to kill anything near it." she starts walking "prowse i'm fucking serious. if that blows up... you're not coming inside, let me just destroy the weapons, look at the files and leave."

"what's with the attitude?" she asks. attitude?

"you know i don't joke around" i open the trunk. 

"you need to let lose" she takes the gun before i can. "it's not healthy"

"You're fucked up upstairs, you're not one to talk about health" she stops walking back and gets close to me. 

"and just that crazy, i enjoy this fucking life more than you ever could. i don't know much but i know this, these are the cards we were dealt. i owe this world something, and this is how i'm paying back. if this is my life, i don't care, but i'll be happy no matter what"

i hold a thought and she walks away. "that almost inspired me" 

"suck a dick Kaden" ohhhh nothing like a girl who bites back. the bitch is turning me on and i don't like to be this hard when i'm working. i never thought someone would get me in the way she has me.

the window of the car comes down and dean shows his head. "all right man, i got the cameras inside" i walk over to him as he gets out with his laptop. nothing unusual, i've been here before, guarding deliveries. 

"there anyone inside?"

"no" he says slowly. "oh never mind there's an office on the corner" he switches screen and i can see the people inside the room. there's about 6 of them, the only reason they're here must be that there's either a delivery or a pick up today.

"the less people we kill..." she leaves off. skylar suggests we put the men outside instead of killing them all on the spot. 

"your call" i say with a happier face now. "keep eyes out, we'll hear you" i say pointing at our comms.