EIGHTEEN: Speedy Star

☀︎︎Kimmy's P.O.V☀︎︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

The next morning I woke up feeling like I had been crushed by an entire train. My back ached, and I carefully got ready for this mornings class. I wore a simple T-shirt and a hoodie over my arms, sweatpants covering my legs as socks and Connie's tennis shoes pulled over my feet.

I laid my chin on my hand, my eyelids slowly dropping as I listened to Ms. McKay talk more about the current subject but I wasn't listening. I felt a nudge on my shoulder and my head shoot up, "I wasn't sleeping!" I shouted as my gaze flew up to Ms. McKay.

Some people chuckled, including Ms. McKay, and I blushed in embarrassment finding that most had their attention turned to me, but some just stared blankly into space.

"Why are all of you so tired?" The woman airily laughed, shaking her head full of light brown curls.

Averman sat up and grunted, "Coach, aka Captain Blood, kept us after the game to practice till curfew."

Ms. McKay made a face, her hands falling on her hips, "Everyone go and get some rest. I'm canceling your practice and I'll go talk to Bombay, okay?" Most let out a sigh of relief and I couldn't help but wonder how Gordon was going to react finding out that Ms. McKay took the authority to cancel practice and end our learning session early this morning.

But I was beyond thankful to be going back to bed. As I passed her on my way to the door, with Charlie by my side, I gently grabbed her hands and said, "Bless you." She only chuckled and welcomed me.

We shuffled away and the kids helped each other on the walk back to our suites. Connie, Julie and I collapsed onto our bed as soon as we made it into our room, too tired to do anything else.

After a refreshing nap and a midday snack, all of the teens were outside on a field, trying to find things to do now since we had the rest of the day to ourselves before tonight's game. Dean thought it was a grand idea to stretch and workout since we missed out on our practice.

"Why do we have to be here if coach isn't?" Connie asked as we stretched.

"We have a game tonight, we have to be prepared." Dean persisted.

"I say let's mutiny, who's with me?" Goldberg retaliated before getting up from his stretching position.

Dwayne shook his head, "Goldberg, I'm too tired for mutiny." The cowboy sighed, standing up straight.

"Come on guys, it's not like we can use a little bit of conditioning," Julie pointed out. 

"Speak for yourself, babe." Dean flirted, eyeing her up and down. I rolled my eyes, preparing myself to say something to the muscular boy but stopped when a familiar blonde boy beat me to it.