Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

Today was day, that law enforcement would be sniffing out my place. Strangely enough I was calm. I felt completely numb as I thought about it. The previous panic disappeared as I woke up this morning.

I slumped back in my chair as I looked over all the papers on my desk. They were blank of course, but I just needed something to pre occupy me, so it wouldn't look so empty in here. I run a hand through my black hair as a yawn escaped my lips. I was exhausted from having to stay up to clear this warehouse up. It took a long time since there's over 50 rooms in this place, as I was cleaning up. I was just thinking to myself why the hell I did I buy this huge warehouse for? Some of the rooms I didn't even use.

It was fairly easy to clear off the premise except for the basement. The place where I kept Bryce and any other prisoners before her. There was blood everywhere, on the floor, walls, the doors..it was a madhouse. I even found rotten organs in there.. I couldn't help feeling a surge of pride at all the destruction I've caused.

Many will say I'm evil, ruthless, disgusting person for all the mayhem I've caused. I agree with them, it takes a truly sick individual to be able to go through with all the killing I do especially for this long... Maybe if I had a heart, I'd feel guilt or remorse for all the damage I've done. But I don't and I never will.

I can't tell you exactly where it started either, I came from a picture perfect family. A hard working father with warm blue eyes who provided for his family. A stay at home mother that loved her children and would do anything for them. How they got stuck with me; Satan's spawn is beyond me.

That's what my family was before I came in the picture, and destroyed everything...I thought with a wry smile.

Every time I remember the look of disbelief and horror in their eyes when I informed them of the first victim I killed at only 12 years old. I always find humor in the situation, they should've seen it coming. The victim was a 16 year old boy who thought it would be funny to constantly bully me for 9 months. Obviously, he don't think that now since I gutted him and put him in an early grave.

My thoughts were cut off as I heard a loud ring sounded throughout the building. The doorbell. I get up with a grumble and trudged to the front door. I carefully placed my mask on as I open the door. My cold blue eyes stared into the four officers who glared back me fiercely. Their guards up must be up, they think I'm a threat, I mentally laughed. This is what American people think is the epitome of strong and fearless? I can smell the fear radiating off them. They are weak and pathetic.

"Look who finally decided to join the party." I mocked with a cold smile. My eyes roaming on the two female officers that stood closer to the front and the 2 male officers who is behind them.

The dark haired female officer who happened to be in the front, took a step forward her chin high "Are you Caine Axton?" She asked, her tone clipped.

I raised a brow as opened my arms. "The one and only sweetheart,"

She gave me long hard stare before she opened her mouth. "I'm officer Hamilton and we have a warrant to search the premises," She briefly lifted up a paper to confirm her statement. They barged in without warning and I barely managed to get out the way.

A humorless laugh escaped my lips. "Give me a warning before you run up in my place you filthy animals. You better be lucky I decided to spare your children and even that could change." I muttered that last part. I, of course had to get some background information on the four little police officers, who decided to act on the anonymous tip they was given. Just in case they want to act out, then I had leverage on them.