Sixteen: Cafe Q&A

My eyes widened slightly. Did he really just ask that?

I didn't know what to say. I want to be with him, but there's so many problems that will come with it.

"B-but what about Emily? And all that shit that's going on, won't this just make it worse?" I stuttered nervously. I wasn't trying to make excuses to say no, however I was aware it sounded like that to him.

Alex's hands still held mine as he looked at me. "I guess we would cross that bridge when we come to it." Alex replied, his thumbs beginning to stroke the back of my hand. He stared into my eyes, waiting for an answer.

I looked him in his eyes and smiled at him, which soon turned into a grin, "Alex, of course I will be your boyfriend."

It may be slightly rushed, I've only known him for weeks, but I trust that it will turn out good.

I felt something with him that I've never felt before. It's weird.

Alex's expression filled with excitement and happiness. I never knew I could make someone so happy.

If anything, going out with Alex could really help make me feel less like shit right now.

Alex smiled widely, before I pulled him into a hug and began to smile. He pulled away from the hug and pulled me into a kiss, his soft lips pressing gently against mine.

I slowly pulled away seconds after when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and read the message, which was in fact hard to read due to my smashed screen.

Dad: When you get home get changed quickly and we'll go out.

I replied with a simple okay and looked up at Alex, who was looking down at my phone.

"My dad wants to have a talk with me. I don't know what about. Probably about my mum or about me being gay."

"Oh, you told him?" Alex asked, his eyebrows raising. I nodded and smiled at Alex.

"How did it go?" Asked Alex.

"He took it really well. He just told me he was okay with it and it's just who I am." I said, smiling at the memory of me coming out to my dad.

"I don't think I would ever have the guts to tell my dad. Not face to face anyway." Alex revealed, causing me to frown.

"Why?" I asked.

Alex looked down at the floor and sighed, before looking back up, "one of my brothers, Ollie, came out to my dad and I heard my dad speaking to my mum about it. He was saying he's glad he didn't let my brother take over the company because him being gay would ruin the company's image."

"That's shitty." Was all I could say as I frowned.

"Anyway, I better get home." I continued.

"And I should drive you." Alex added, grinning at me.

Once we parked outside my house, I gave Alex a kiss goodbye and smiled at him, before walking into my house. I greeted my dad and jogged upstairs, before changing into some skinny jeans and a T-shirt. I grabbed a jacket and jogged back downstairs, where my dad was waiting for me.