Chapter 7: Safety

Erin's POV

(Two weeks later...)

It's been two weeks since I had that fight with Lily. We hadn't spoken since and eye contact was minimal. I tried to talk but she would tune me out and walk the other way.

I felt terrible and I wanted to be a part of my child's life more than anything, the only issue is that my father would be furious.

Lily was almost two months along and that meant seven months till birth.

I realized that I had to make a decision soon before it was too late.

Running in quickly I sat down at the breakfast table and placed a napkin on my lap.

Looking up I saw Dax sitting at the table alongside Lily, why was he here?

He leaned over and kissed her forehead as she laughed.

My jaw tightened as I took a deep breath, that was not cool by any means. She wasn't his.

"Attention everyone" the queen said, "I have important news. Lilyanne is expecting."

Lilyanne smiled wide and watched everyone. My sister clapped loudly and my parents glanced at each other and giggled a little.

"On top of that I would like to announce the father" the queen began again.

My heart stopped, Lilyanne told her? Of course she did, it's her mother!

"Dax! This young gentleman!" The queen cheered and the King clapped.

Why would she tell... WHAT!?!?

He is most definitely not! No no no!

"I couldn't be happier, I am going to love Lilyanne and this baby with all that I have"Dax told us.

They are mine to love not yours! Back off!  I yelled in my head.

Wait what did I just say?

Lily stood up, "Kriss your majesty I told your son a while back that I was expecting and he told me that I was a horrible princess for ever doing such a thing. It pains me to say this but that hurt me deeply."

Everyone's eyes met with mine as my mouth was wide open.

"Erin Calliwell! How dare you!" My mother yelled, "As your punishment you will go to every doctor appointment with her and everything that has to do with the baby! You will be just as exhausted as her! One day if and when you are a father you will understand!"

I looked over at Lily with my eyes wider and her hand covering her mouth.

"Yes mother" I agreed, but little did everyone know this was my child anyway.
-------------------------------------------------------
Lilyanne's POV

After breakfast I stormed out to the gardens.

This was not how it was supposed to go! He was supposed to get into trouble not get stuck with me!

I rubbed my developing stomach and took a breath, "sorry bug I will calm down" I whispered to my baby.

"I think bug is a cute nickname for our little unexpected royal heir" a voice said from behind me.

"What do you want Erin?" I asked.

"To talk about OUR baby" he pointed at my stomach.

"You mean mine and Dax's baby?" I stated.

I watched a pained expression fall across his face.

"You know that baby is ours Lilyanne" his voice was coated in pain.

"Well when you abandon it, not really..." I shrugged.

"I didn't abandon anyone, I was trying to work around my problems but I just created more. Lilyanne you and that baby mean everything to me...." he said while placing his hand on mine.

I stepped back still mad at him.

"Erin you can't just waltz over here being all charming expecting all of your problems to go away, that-"

All of a sudden a loud explosion went off in the bushes behind us and gun shots were fired.

"It's an attack!" I yelled, "we need to get inside Erin!"

Erin helped me as we ran to the castle with one of his hands on my lower back and stomach.

As we made it past the doors we turned around looking behind us, then a gun shot went off Erin leaned forward covering my body.

A loud grunt came from Erin.

I looked over to see his white shirt turning red.

"Erin!" I cried, "are you okay?"

He nodded at me as I continued to pull us to safety.

I reached a small hallway and moved a small painting on the wall. Quickly I placed my finger on a scanner and within seconds a section of the wall opened up revealing another hallway.

As we slipped inside, the door closed behind us leaving us in silence.

"We are almost there" I told Erin while holding his arm.

The castle had secret doors all over to get down to a safety basement. Basically it was an underground castle with rooms for everyone and anything.

Soon we reached my underground bedroom and I led him to my bed.

He laid down and I ripped the edge of his shirt off. To my relief the bullet only grazed him.

He reached up brushing my face with his fingers.

I placed my hand on his chest as his breathing steadied, "you're going to be okay Erin, I promise" and just like that his eyes rolled back into his head, lights out.
---------------------------
Erin needs to control those feelings somehow. What do you think?