Chapter 25: Babies

Erin's POV

People were running in and out of the medical wing. Everything around me was chaos, down to the crazy screams to the silent whimpers.

I constantly was tapping my feet against the solid ground to keep me sane. Hundreds of thoughts were constantly zooming through my mind and all I could do was sit here and wait.

Three hours.

That's how long it had been since I last saw Lily and my babies. Three hours of a pain I never thought was possible to feel. My heart was at it's limit today. I had already lost my mother and I couldn't bear to lose anyone else, not anytime soon.

It was a constant battle of not breaking down into tears all over again, Dax had been right, I couldn't fall apart. My family needed me.

Responsibilities now sat on my shoulders as a father and a lover.

"Prince Erin" someone called.

Checking in the direction the noise came from, a nurse was looking at me.

"Would you please follow me?" She asked.

Silently, but quickly I followed her to the back of the hallway.

She opened the door to a dark room.

Peaking in I saw both of my babies sleeping quietly in a plastic crib, wrapped up like little burritos.

As I glanced up Lilyanne was laying in a bed hooked up to a bunch of wires and machines.

I walked over to her and carefully grabbed her hand.

"As of now your babies are perfectly healthy and Princess Lilyanne will wake up when her body is ready" the nurse informed.

"Thank you" I said and she turned away, leaving me with my family.

As quiet as possible I walked towards my children, they were beautiful.

Gently I lifted up my little girl and cradled her in my warmth.

"I love you baby girl" I whispered.

In one careful swap I put down my princess and picked up my little man.

His eyes flickered open and he watched me carefully.

"I'm your dad, and I love you so much" I cooed.

Reaching down I lifted up my little girl again and cradled them in both of my arms.

With slow movements I made my way to the side of Lilyanne's bed and sat in a chair next to her.

"Lilyanne, they are beautiful" I smiled, "our little man has your smile and our baby girl has your nose. They need you right now darling, please wake up. They need a mom."

Silence filled the room. Nothing was heard but the sounds of my sniffling as I held back more tears.

"I'm right here and I am not going anywhere" a raspy voice spoke.

My head flew up and my eyes connected with Lilyanne's glossy eyes.

I got out of my seat and made my way to her.

Her eyes fell to the two bundles I had in my arms and her face little up with a smile.

"Can I?" She asked.

Leaning forward I placed our boy in her arms. She admired him as she traced the lines on his face. Gently she kissed him and held him to her face.

"I have been waiting so long for you, Charleston Daymon Calliwell" she whispered his name, the one we both came up with. Charleston watched his mama with heavy eyes as she continued to love on him.

When he fell asleep after a few minutes, I reached down grabbing Charleston and handed Lily out little girl.

"And you sweetheart, I have been waiting a very long time for you as well, Clarissa Daisy Calliwell" she whispered while placing tiny kisses across Clarissa's face.

I listened to the way my last name rolled off her lips, perfect, just like the person she was.

Soon she would have my last name and we would sleep in the same bed.

"I love you Erin" Lily said randomly.

"I love you too Lilyanne, with all my heart."

She glanced up at me and smiled.

Her blue eyes were the color of the sea and her light brown hair was tied up into a messy bun.

This was my family and I loved everything about it.

-----------

Lilyanne's POV

I held Clarissa close in fear that something or someone would take her from me. The last twelve hours had been the worst experience of my life and many others I was sure.

Even though I had been asleep for most of the madness, I was still exhausted. Looking over at Erin I realized he probably hadn't slept one bit.

"I love you Erin" I told him.

"I love you too Lilyanne, with all my heart."

Lifting my head I looked at his features. A man who had gone through hell and back for his family. He looked like he was fully of joy and pain at the exact same time.

His brown eyes were red and puffy and his face was pale. Erin was clearly in a lot of emotional pain and I needed to help him as much as I could.

"We should put them back in the crib so they can rest" I said lifting Clarissa in my arms.

He simply nodded his head and took Clarissa and Charleston to their crib.

"Erin?" I called.

"Yeah?"

"Come here" I asked.

He moved towards me sitting next to me on the edge of the bed.

"Talk to me Erin, what are you thinking?"

He shook his head, "Nothing of importance"

"Erin please talk to me, I know you are in a lot of pain and I just want to help" I asked again.

His eyes wandered to the ceiling and as they turned back to me tears filled them.

Both of his strong arms engulfed me gently, " I almost lost you Lilyanne. You and the babies were almost dead. I was preparing myself for four deaths in the waiting room and it killed me. Please don't ever leave me, please."

Erin's sobs filled the room.

I placed my hand in his hair and ran my fingers through it, "I promise I will never leave you."

Looking up he placed a hand on my cheek and then kissed me.

It was a gentle kiss mixed in our salty tears. The kiss was reassuring and comforting after what today had brought. Everything that had been destroyed these last hours felt like it was slowly piecing itself back together.

In the back of my mind I still worried about the kingdom and our families, what damage had this done?