26| Aggression and Accusation

Dedicated to:@potter_maze_geek

Thanks a lot for your sweet votes and support!

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"If it hurts to look back if you're scared to look forward, look beside you, I'll always be there"

~Pinterest

Logan's POV

"How about you start by telling me what the fuck you did to Dylan?"

The paralyzing hurt spread through my body like icy, liquid metal as the anger and huskiness of Carlton's voice reached my ears.

The crippling fear choked me until I could make any sound. The whoop and thud of the metallic baseball bat, as he turned it in his hands and hit it on the ground, echoed through the air.

"Are you going to say something or should I make you?" he bellowed at me causing an intense adrenaline rush in my veins.

I started to back away from the group while replying "I punched him once because he was harassing–"

Stopping midway through my sentence, I turned around, instantly spotting a few other guys blocking my way.

I was trapped in the circle these guys had made around me, preventing me from escaping – Carlton sure had prepared himself well for this.

"I don't give a fuck about why you did it! You asshole! Fucking complained about us to Principal Baldhead and now he has cameras installed everywhere otherwise I would've dealt with you in the school itself" his voice gave me burning shivers and the way he tightly gripped the bat in his hands, twisting and turning it in his hands, scared me to the core.

"Dylan hasn't come to school since that night!" another one of the guys joined in "Do you realize how horribly you've hurt him?"

"I wouldn't have done it if he–"

"I said I don't give a fuck!" he yelled on top his lungs, this time gesturing his crew to lunge at me.

The all started walking towards me, making the circle smaller and smaller. My mind was racing exceedingly fast, trying to come up with some kind of solution to stop them, to cease them from hurting me.

What would Claire do if she was here?

She was smart; she would do something smarter than that. And then it struck me, there was a narrow passageway between two houses on my right, leading straight into the woods.

Without thinking anymore – I dashed towards and into the passageway lined with wooden fences.

"Get him!" I heard his voice echo from somewhere behind and then there were a series of footsteps audible and they seemed to get closer and closer.

Fighting the impulse to whirl around and see how close they were, I clutched my fists tighter. The shrubs and twigs snapped under my shoes, making rustling sounds accompanied by my harsh breathing.

I was sprinting into nothingness – everything appeared black upfront as I entered the woods but my legs were two afraid to stop. I winced as my arms brushed against the sharp, jagged thorns of the bushes when I tried to break through.

I had no idea where I was headed, all I knew was that their voices were getting fainter as I trudged. Perceiving this as a successful escape, I slowed down to catch my breath, hoping to find a place to hide.