42| Guarantees and Goodbyes

Dedicated to:Janukriya

Thank you for voting on every single chapter! I love your support!! :)

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"How lucky I am to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye to"

~The Fresh Quotes

Logan's POV

I did hear the gunshot whizzing through the air but I didn't feel anything, no impact, no pain.

My consciousness implored me to turn around and there I saw it – Dylan had his arm wrapped tightly around Carlton's neck and his other hand twisted his arm back.

Carlton whined in pain, dropping the gun. I dashed forward, helping Dylan get him back in control. He flailed and wailed, attempting to break away but we had pinned him down to the ground now.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Claire pick up the gun lying on the ground, meticulously, she held on to it using two fingers and made sure it was pointing away from all of us.

"Carlton, calm the fuck down!" Dylan yelled but he wouldn't listen.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain on my chest. Intense pulsations materialized from my wound, traveling throughout my stomach and both my arms. Flinching, I backed away from Carlton who had brutally elbowed me.

Harsh breaths escaped my throat. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly, wishing like a maniac for this pain to fade away. When my eyes fluttered open, I found Dylan on all fours.

Carlton lashed out at me. He used my shoulder to give me an aggressive push. My back hit the wall hard and before my knees could give up, his hand found my collars.

His other hand curled into a fist and I prepared my jaw for a hurtful blow when Claire screamed form beside us "Stop! Stop right now!"

She aimed the gun straight towards his ear, shooting petrifying glances at him "Let him go Carlton, or I'll shoot"

A smirk spread across his face as he checked her out "You?"

Meanwhile, Dylan had darted up behind him, his veins popping on his neck, his face completely anointed red, pushing Carlton away from me, he screamed: "What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"With me? What about you?!" Carlton said, fisting his hands "Whose side are you on?"

Dylan closed up on him, gritting his teeth "Are you being serious right now? You're insane! You're fucked up! Someone needs to help you, seriously"

"And you're not going to be the one" he replied, glaring one last time at me before covering his head with a hood and strolling away into the night. We stared shockingly at his back as his figure faded into the mist, footsteps echoing down the alley all the while.

There was silence for a while after he disappeared until a groan left my mouth. With my wound hurting like this, I didn't know if I'd be able to survive an entire day in a plane.

"Logan, are you okay?" Claire's hand found my chest and she helped me stand upright. Worriedly, she scanned my face for an answer but all I could do was helplessly stare into her watery eyes.

"Guys, I'm so sorry" Dylan stood in the shadows, head hanging low in shame.

"How did you find us?" Claire asked.

"Breanna rejected him a few hours ago and I knew he'd do something crazy so I followed him here, I almost lost him but then I heard a gunshot and..." I remembered Carlton shooting a bullet into the air to portray that he very well knew how to handle the weapon before he shot at me.

Her voice came in trembles "What if he comes back?"

"He won't, I'll make sure of that and I'm so so fucking sorry" Dylan's fingers clutched his hair tightly as he paced around "I don't know what is wrong with him! Guys, please don't report him anywhere, please he lost control and...and...he won't do this again I–"

"Stop" I muttered, cutting him off. I had had enough; this was getting too out of hand. I removed Claire's hands that were hugging me and walked towards Dylan. Clutching the material on his shirt on his shoulder, I dragged him into a dark corner.

Keeping my voice low, making sure Claire doesn't hear us, I muttered: "Listen to me carefully, I'm leaving for Paris tomorrow and I'm probably never coming back–"

His eyes narrowed "You're leaving?"

"Shut up!" I urged him to keep his voice low "And if at all, anything happens to Claire while I'm away – I'll make sure I bury you eight feet underground in my backyard...alive...and I have my ways. Got it?"

"Y-Yes, I'll protect her"

"You better"

I turned around to walk away but he called out for me again. With pleading eyes, he apologized "Logan I am sincerely sorry about this. I beg you...please don't report my friend. Sure he can get pretty dangerous at times but it's just because he's a broken guy, he's gone through a lot and Breanna was his last chance. I'll talk to him and he will become a better person, I promise. I know he doesn't deserve it but please give him another chance"

**********

It was an arduous task to get over the fact that we were held at gunpoint just a few minutes ago. Even more frightening was realising that I could've died today. In fact, any of us could've lost their life.

Claire and I climbed up the porch of her house. I walked her up to the door. Before opening it, she looked at my direction "Logan, I'm scared. Will you stay over tonight?"

I loved her so much it hurt. What if something happens to her while I was gone? Sure I threatened Dylan and forced him to protect her but what if...he fails?

Pushing the wild thoughts away for a moment, I replied. A breath escaped my throat "I'm sorry Cupcake, I gotta deal with something...tomorrow morning"

"Okay"

Noticing a hint of uncertainty on her features, I asked: "Is something wrong?"

"Yes" she frowned "What were you talking about with Adriel that day? I'm waiting for you to tell me. It's been so long"

My heart pressed against my ribs, threatening to stop thudding "It...It...It's nothing you should be so worried about. I'll tell you tomorrow, I promise"

Her smile grew wide as soon as I said that.

My gaze was tied to her face as she stared back at me. Her eyes screamed a certain type of silence that begged to be understood. Her pupils gleamed under the white lamp lights.

Darkness was omnipresent and I just relied on the little bulb overhead on the porch ceiling to help me scrutinize and memorize her every feature. Who knows when I'll get to stare into those eyes again?

Who knows how long it would be until I saw those lips again? Those damn lips and her heavenly stare, they always got me. Always.

Swiftly, losing control of my temptations, I pulled her to me, kissing her slowly.

I kissed her like a dying man, wondering when I'll taste her again, and her intoxicating scent that I was so damn addicted to? What was going to happen of me?

She pulled away naughtily. Giggling, she said "My mom is probably waiting for me" and I immediately felt an intense craving for her touch as she backed away. Smiling, she walked inside her house "I should go. Good night"

Looking dreamily at my girl, I replied "Good bye, Claire"

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Do tell me what you thought of this chapter!

And of course, thank you so so much for supporting me till this far! I appreciate every single read :)

Stay tuned guys! I love you <3

Love, K

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o