𝓲. the return

chapter one

chapter one

Alex walked into the Mystic Grill, looking around at her new surroundings. the small little town had changed greatly since she was there last. In 1940, there was barely anything there. a couple shops here and there, old plantation houses scattered everywhere, but now the town had a strong modern look to it. she liked it.

she starts to walk towards the bar when a girl catches her attention, she looked eerily familiar. she furrows her eyebrows and walks over to her and the boy she was seated with.

"a lot of us like to keep to ourselves for the full moon. chain ourselves up. but there are some werewolves that like to gather-" the boy speaks but stops when he sees Alex standing beside them looking confused at the girl he was talking to.

"Katerina?" Alex asks, confused as to why the vampire would be back already and not tell her. and why she would be talking about werewolves when she already knew everything about them.

the girl shakes her head, "no. I'm Elena. Elena Gilbert" she says and turns to her friend who shrugs.

"I apologize, you just look a lot like someone I haven't seen in a while. I'm Alex Pierce " Alex says putting on her best fake smile. it was still strange for her to see the doppelgangers. they fact that they all were basically the same person gave her creeps, but she's gotten used to it. she knew Elena, Katherine had told her about the newest doppelganger, and that she was supposed to be dead. that obviously didn't work out as planned.

"you're Alex Pierce? you're Katherine's sister? " Elena asks with wide eyes, jealously evident in her eyes. Alex notices this and fights the urge to roll her eyes. Katherine obviously told her about their life, and judging by the look in her eyes, she knew about her relationship with the Salvatore's. that look was a trait that the doppelgangers had; a burning jealously for anyone who even looked at someone they're into.

Alex crosses her arms over her chest and smirks, "the one and only," she keeps her gaze on the doppelganger before her eyes wondered to the boy across from her. Alex found him very handsome, "and who might you be?"

"I'm Tyler," he says holding out his hand. the girl was extremely beautiful in his eyes, it almost left him speechless.

she nods and shakes his hand. Elena coughs and the two turn towards her.

"well, Alex, why don't you sit with us," Elena smiles forcefully, scooting over to make room for her. she didn't trust Alex yet. she had heard from Stefan and Damon that she was dead, and the fact that she was here right now alive and well made her suspicious. she wanted to learn more about Alex, and the only way to do that was to not seem like a threat.