𝓲𝓲𝓲. the first day

chapter three

chapter three

-

Alex barged into the Salvatore house with a scowl on her face. Damon called her saying that Rebekah had decided to stay at their house since Klaus left her in Mystic Falls. she didn't understand why Rebekah didn't just come to her apartment, but Alex guesses she didn't know where it was. Alex was angry only because Damon woke her up and the heretic hated to be woken up.

"where is she?"

Damon greets her with a sarcastic smile, "it's great to see you too, long lost best friend. how have you been in these last 145 years?"

her eyes softened, "what I did was for the best, Damon. I need you to understand that"

Damon crosses his arms over his chest, "you died, Alex. Stefan watched you desiccate as the wooden bullet pierced your heart. we mourned you for years. how is that for the best?" he continued to press her, "were you just like Katherine and it all meant nothing to you? were you just using him like she did me?"

Alex vamp speeds over to Damn and stands right in front of his face to where she could feel his breath on her, "of course he meant something to me, Damon! I loved him! I think about him every single day. hell, i even checked up on the both of you from time to time. i had to make sure that you both were okay"

Damon's face hardened, "why didn't you talk to me at least? why didn't you tell me that you were alive? that you couldn't be killed?"

Alex steps back and takes a deep breath, "I didn't know I could until I woke up the next morning. alive, and on the run from my brother... Damon, if Klaus had known about you two he would've killed you. I couldn't let that happen"

Damon sighs. he knew that she was telling the truth. they both had the same sarcastic and reckless personality, but you can feel the sincerity dripping from her voice when she's serious.

"I just wish you could've told me sooner. when Katherine came back and you weren't there, I gave up on believing there was hope. we both did"

"I'm sorry"

Damon nods, not wanting to continue the conversation. he was angry that the girl he called his best friend chose her screwed up family that manipulated her over the two Salvatore's who would do anything for her. he walks into the living room, "Rebekah is upstairs" he says with his back turned to Alex. the heretic speeds up to Rebekah without another word.

++++++++++++

"welcome back, seniors. let's turn out brains back on, starting with this country's original founders. the Native Americans" Alaric says starting off the class when Rebekah and Alex walk in.

"what about the Vikings?" Rebekah asks walking in and sitting down in the front row with Alex

"there no evidence that the Viking explorers actually settled in the United States. who are you?" he looks at the two confused. Caroline and Elena had shocked expressions on their face, Stefan just rolled his eyes, and all Tyler was focused on was Alex.