IX

Here's another chapter! It will take me a bit longer to update again because I will be taking a little break from writing. There's a link to a Spotify playlist for this chapter in the external link and in the comments section. Please enjoy this chapter! :)

"This will be our bedroom." Harry opened a door, letting Louis walk in first. "There's an adjoined bedroom next to this one, and it will be our child's."

Louis walked around the bedroom, touching everything he could. When he got to the adjoined bedroom, he smiled when it felt cozy. Just perfect for their little baby. Harry watched him with a smile on his face, then down at his stomach where Louis always kept his hand on.

He only had less than three months to marry him in the local church. He would have wanted a traditional wedding, but what he had in mind was better than nothing at all. He walked up to him and wrapped his arms around him.

"Do you like it?" He asked him.

"I love it." Louis turned around to look at him.

They had just settled down in their new home and would be getting ready to go to bed. Anne had taken the bedroom right next to theirs while Liam and Lucy the one across from them. Zayn and Niall had decided to stay up and make sure nothing bad happened, Liam joining them an hour later. Harry had yet to hire more people to work around the house. He would have done it days before getting there, but he didn't think he would actually have to leave the palace. At least the house was kept clean and Louis and his mother had a clean home to get to.

"This is our new home so I'm happy you do." Harry kissed him, surprising Louis who still wasn't used to that kind of affection again. "But we should go to bed, tomorrow is going to be a long day."

"What are we going to do tomorrow?" Louis asked as he followed Harry to the bed.

He was still wearing his thick coat, and when Harry finally let him take it off he felt lighter. He let Harry take out a sleeping shirt for him from his bag and give it to him. Louis took his clothes off, feeling no shame when Harry had already seen him naked. It wasn't going to be the first and last time. Harry changed too and soon he was helping Louis into the bed then turned off the oil lamp, leaving the room in complete darkness.

"I have so many things to do, but you're going to stay home with my mother." Harry finally answered his question.

"Okay." Louis nodded, already half asleep.

He relaxed when Harry wrapped an arm around him and brought him closer where Louis rested his head on Harry's chest. It felt nice to have someone to cuddle with at night when it was too cold. It wasn't long before he was warm and comfortable, falling asleep soon after.

That night he dreamt about Harry, but out of nowhere it wasn't Harry anymore. It was Edward who he was in bed with, but his face was as pale as the sheets. His body was completely mutilated, just like he had been all those years back when Howard had forced him to see him. He thrashed on his spot, trying to wake up from the nightmare he hadn't had in so long. He knew it had all been too good to be true, he knew he was still in that hell. It wasn't until he finally opened his eyes and felt someone trying to shake him awake that he realized it all had been a dream. A nightmare too real for him, a nightmare he was sure would never leave him alone.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked.

The sun was barely rising up, making the room look gray and feel calm. He was still shaking when Harry wrapped his arms around him, then wiped away the tears Louis didn't know had been rolling down his cheeks. He took deep breaths to try and calm down, hating that he couldn't when images of Edward wouldn't leave his mind.