Chapter 12

Your blood ran cold when you saw him. Something about that man made you extremely uncomfortable. His smile sent shivers down your spine. "Alright", Jensen started as both of you made it out of the crowd. "So meet back here?"

"Yeah. See ya in a second", you rushed; your eyes still scanning the crowd for the man. Jensen kissed your head before he left for the beer stand. You sped walked to the bathroom and locked the door behind you; not caring if anyone needed to come in or not.

Your breathing was ragged as you braced yourself on the wet counter. The more weight you put on the counter, the more the burning pain started throbbing on your bicep. Double checking that the door is locked, you slowly and carefully took off your flannel.

Your eyes grew wide at the long angry looking cuts on your arm. Blood was smeared on your arm and on the sleeve of the flannel. Looking around to stop the bleeding, you finally resorted to the bandana you had tied on your head. You tightened the piece of fabric on top of the wound, wincing in pain as you fastened the fabric on your arm.

Once you put the flannel back on and hid the bulkiness of the bandana in the sleeve, your phone buzzed multiple times. You picked it up and saw an unknown number had texted you. Swiping on the notification, your heart started beating fast again.

There were five pictures. The first one was a different angle of the picture you and Jensen took once you entered the venue, but you could make out the back of a beer stand by the color of the tarp. The second photo was from behind you. You were on top of Jensens shoulders with his hands on your legs and your arms are thrown in the air in excitement. The third photo was a picture of you looking straight at the camera. The fourth photo was you talking to Jensen once you made it out of the crowd.

But the last photo scared you the most. The fifth and final photo was a picture taken from under a stall. Your reflection in the mirror of you tieing the bandana around your arm.

You turned around hastily at the one stall that was closed. Not wanting to reach into the stall the picture was taken from, you kicked the door down hard and jumped back immediately. But you found nothing in the stalls. No person, no camera, absolutely nothing.

When your phone buzzed again, you looked directly at the new message from the unknown number.

Unknown: Sorry about your arm earlier sweetheart. I just couldn't keep my hands off of you. ;)

Your hands started shaking as you typed back.

Y/N: who the fuck is this.

Unknown: You shouldn't talk to me like that Sweetheart... It's a bad idea on your end.

Y/N: what do u want.

Unknown: I want you ;)

Shaking your head and shoving your nerves and stress aside, you put your phone on airplane mode and unlocked the door to the bathroom.

You walked out of the bathroom with the fakest smile you could muster. Jensen saw you walk out and started towards you. He handed you one of the cold cans when he raised an eyebrow.

"Didnt you have a bandana on earlier?"

Shit.

Immediately, you reached for the top of your head, with your not injured arm, and patted around it. "Damnit. I can just buy another one. It's not a big deal."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I promise", you reassured him; the fake smile still plastered on your face. Apparently, it was real enough for Jensen to brush it off. "What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Grabbing his hand, you started walking back to your spot in the crowd.

~Timeskip~

The rest of the music festival was filled with music and fright. Your happy facade never faltered around Jensen, but every time your phone vibrated in your pocket, it felt like you were getting closer and closer to drowning in your own terror.

The last song ended and the artists that played throughout the day came back on stage and said their thanks. The crowd slowly started making its way towards the gates to get to their cars.

Finally, both of you made it back to Jensen's GMC. The entire way to the lot, your eyes scanned everything around you. To people, cars, even lit up spots in the lot from street lamps above.

The doors on the car clicked loudly before you made your way to the passenger side to get in. You hoisted yourself into the car, using your upper body to pull yourself up.

The weight on your injured arm made the initial burning and throbbing pain come back; making you hiss in pain. Jensen, who was already putting the key in the ignition, heard you and looked up worried. "Are you okay?" His full attention was on you as he looked you over.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine. I hit my shin on the bottom of the car. I might have had a few too many beers", you laughed. Jensen chuckled too, but his brows were still furrowed.

You sat down and closed the door, making eye contact with him as it slammed loudly. Putting on a fake smile again, you held his hand, "You've seen my brother drunk. We're both clumsy as hell. Jared's going to be worried."

"Your right. Let's get back", he agreed. He pulled the car into drive and turn the car onto the road, as your eyelids grew heavy. You put your head down on the center console, Jensen's hand still in yours, and slowly drifted to sleep.