7

A/n: Another massive thank you to Lexani_96 for making this sick cover!!! I appreciate it very much!!!

A lot happens this chapter, and the word count is 3.4k words so prepare yourself. A little talk of abuse, but it's not super descriptive.

Hmm, I don't think I have anything else here, so read on!

----------------

"Hi, Lauren," Dinah greeted as she opened the door. "Come inside before the rain hits." She moved aside, letting the girl into the house. "How are you today?"

"Good," Lauren replied quietly as she walked into the house. "How are you?"

The blonde smiled, taking Lauren's backpack. "I'm good. Ally won't be home until late tonight, just so you know," she said as they walked toward the kitchen.

"Is she working?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah, her shifts are Thursday through Sunday," Dinah answered, leading the girl to the kitchen table.

"Oh, I could have waited until she had a day off," the girl replied quietly, taking a seat at the table.

"No, it's alright. Don't worry about it," the blonde assured. "She'll be home later tonight, and you'll get to see her tomorrow."

"Okay, as long as you're sure."

Dinah smiled reassuringly. "Yes, we're sure. We wouldn't have invited you to stay the night if we weren't."

Lauren nodded, then took a seat at the table as Dinah made lunch.

When Dinah had the mac and cheese finished, she called for Normani and Camila.

"Lolo!" the girl exclaimed as she ran into the kitchen. She tackled the older girl into a hug, which was a little awkward because the girl was sitting.

"Umm, hi, Camz," Lauren greeted. "As much as I love hugging you, can you let go? This is really uncomfortable."

Instead of letting go, the younger girl plopped herself down in the older girl's lap. "No go," she mumbled.

"But I'm not going anywhere?" Lauren replied questioningly.

When a loud crack of thunder sounded, Lauren flinched slightly.

Dinah, who had been watching the two girls closely, noticed. "I think Lauren is afraid of storms," she murmured to Normani.

The older woman looked at the two girls. "I think we should let her come to us if that's true," she replied quietly, finishing dishing out bowls of pasta before walking over to the girls.

Dinah frowned. "Okay, but what if she doesn't?" she asked when her girlfriend returned.

Normani shrugged, grabbing her own food and walking over to the table.

"Mommy, 'uice, 'ease?" Camila requested.

"Sure, sweetie." Normani walked over to fridge, grabbing the juice and filling a sippy cup.

"Lauren, do you want anything?" Dinah asked, frowning when Normani sat back down after handing Camila her cup.

"No, I'm okay, thank you," Lauren answered quietly.

After lunch, Normani took Camila upstairs for a nap, leaving Dinah and Lauren alone.

"Is, is Normani okay?" the green eyed girl questioned timidly, looking at the floor.

"Yeah, why wouldn't she be?"

"I just, I just feel like she's avoiding me," Lauren answered nervously, letting the woman pull her onto the couch. "Do-does she not like me?"