Chapter Nine

Ryes POV

The thick bullet entered through Travis's skull dead center and exited out the back.

His body seemed to fall backwards in slow motion, falling to the ground with a soft thud. For a second I couldn't believe I actually did it. I've wanted to do that for so long... now it just seemed so unreal.

I walked over to the corpse, the same sick smile still splayed itself across his blood splattered face.

I kicked him in the side hard and heard his rips snap. Then movement caught my attention. My eyes instantly glued onto Jason. All the blood drained from my face and I could feel my chest contract painfully.

My god... I want to kill Travis a million times over.

Taking off my suit jacket, I draped it over his bloody frame and picked him up.

He was so light and limp that I could hardly tell if he was still breathing.

Running, I held him close to my chest and rushed outside where gun shots met us.

Quickly, I ducked behind a dumpster outside the house of a thousand corpses.

More of Travis's men?

I thought to myself as I shifted Jason in my arms, trying to access my phone. Bullets still hit the metal dumpster making annoying chink sounds that seemed to echo everywhere. I finally decided to put Jason down even though I strongly didn't want to.

With only the press of a button, my car busted though the open fire and stopped in front of us. My two most trusted subordinates exited swiftly from the vehicle and ran to me.

"Get Jason the hell out of here! He needs medical attention. Zack, leave me with your gun and take him to the hospital."

Zack nodded as Bruce picked up Jason and laid him down on the back seat of my car. They floored the gas petal, the tires squeaking, bullets bounced off the expensive car as it drove away, leaving me behind.

I clicked another magazine into the gun, still having some trash that needed taking care of...

James POV

It pissed me off even more that the little shit got away. My teeth grit and I darted behind another brick building. I had to put up with Jason for months because Boss said so. Travis is dead and I'm looking forward to killing Rye.

The Lynch brothers slaughtered on the same night?

I just know Boss will be proud of me. Hell, I bet he'd even let me down into his basement...

Having to get Travis's men to trust me and Jason was such a put off!

Popping my knuckles, I pulled my two favorite knifes out of their sheaths and whipped them out in front of me...

Time to play...

I felt my blood pressure rise till I felt another episode coming on.

I bet they don't even know their beloved boss is dead...

I laughed silently to myself, dragging my over excited body toward the few stragglers that still thought of themselves as Travis's army, loyal to the bones. One took notice of me and gave me a questionable look.

"What are you doing? Put down the knives and grab a gun. Help me pump this guy full of lead!"

He caught sight of my creepy wide smile in the moonlight, it just felt so good to break out of my stupid character.

It was time to be the real me...

The man started to crawl away from me, his back hitting up against a chain linked fence. His girlish scream made me laugh a loud for all to hear.

My blades ravenously sliced up the fresh meat hungrily, their silver curved mouths dripping with dark red blood. This is so much fun! I giggled to myself as I moved onto my next meal.

Ryes POV

The gun shots stopped and the sound of gargling death replaced it.

"What the hell?" I whispered as I heard laughter and more yells of help and terror.

What kind of monster is out there?

I moved from my location and crouched down behind an abandoned car. Laughter could still be heard, but I couldn't pinpoint its location.

It bounced of buildings and alleys, the now deserted streets and cars. A small chill ran up my spine. I was in suspense.

What was this things next move?

I calmed my heart that was rapidly beating and slowed my breath. I wasn't the feared leader of the Black Talons for nothing. I honed my hearing, picking up even the tiniest of sounds.

There!

I turned around fast, pointing my gun and fired. I recognized the man, It was James, the man that used to work with Jason...

He seemed to have manifested out of know where. The glint in his eyes told me death was my only future. The bullet wound that know punctured the middle of his chest didn't seem to even faze him.

He just smiled and staggered forward. His neck was stretched, his head lulling in front of him, the tips of his hair dripping blood.

I shot him again, this time getting right between the eyes.

He should be dead...

Jason's POV

Several days later...

My eyes opened as my brain tried to register my surroundings. "Where am I ?" I asked, whispering to myself.

I nearly jumped out of my skin as a loud deep voice answered my question.

"The hospital."

I looked to my left to see a man in glasses wearing a white lab coat with a name tag that read 'Dr. Brian' holding a clip board. I immediately began trying to remember past events. Why am I in the hospital?

"What do you remember?" Dr. Brian asked as if reading my mind. I remembered being mad at Rye for something... but I couldn't remember what... Then I remembered running into James and being chased...

After that it was like a dead end....

"Not much... How long have I been here?" I asked, looking at the flowers on the bed side table and the balloons that scattered the room. Girly Stuffed animals sat in the corner of the hospital bed staring at me with beady eyes.

I looked at the doctor impatiently as he scribbled something down in blue pen.

"Three days." he answered finally. "You lost a lot of blood and your body is still very weak. I'm afraid your going to have to stay here for a few more days. Do you remember how you cut your legs?"

I shook my head no and he sighed.

His old eyes looked up from the clip board and surveyed the room. "You've been getting numerous visitors. A lot of people are worried about you. I'm sure you'll be fine."

"When can I see Rye?" The doctor looked down at me, his eyes widened slightly from hearing the name spoken so freely.

"I'm afraid you cant... Know one can..." his eyes saddened and he looked back down at the clip board.

Dear Readers,

Please excuse the tardiness of this chapter. I could blame it on several things, but the truth is I really didn't feel like writing it till recently. I wonder what future a waits our love birds... Any guesses? Lol

Love, Nina xoxo