Beginning of the journey

Authors note: Sorry for beeing off for so long. I wanted to re-write this chapter for so long but I had no ideas... 3 days ago I finally came over my blockade and now I'm rlly satisfied with this chapter. Soooo enjoyy✌🏻 xx

Diane stood on the parking spot before the company. The weather was foggy and cold and Diane shivered. It was still dark and she were alone. The boss told her to wait for "him" there but he hadn't told her who "he" actually was. She's slowly getting real angry. She should be there by 7:15 am and now it is 7:45 and he still wasn't here. Suddenly she heard a male voice calling her name: "Hello?? Diane?? Are you here??" Diane hesitates, should she answer?? She's still thinking about it, as she saw  a tall guy coming out of the fog. Now he's standing right before her. He asks again: "Are you Diane??" She nods: "Who are you then??" He smirks: "I'm Judd, nice to meet you." She smiles back. His voice sounds a bit raspy but still soft. "Well..." Judd says "now we can go" Diane nods again but she's asking back: "Where are we actually going??" Judd looks surprised: "He hadn't told you??" Diane shakes her head and Judd smiled: "We're going to search Vinnie." "Oh" Diane murmured. "Well then let's go" Judd said. "Allright... but where's the car??" Diane asked. Judd smiled: "We're going to take the bus." Diane was shocked: "The bus?? But why??" Judd shrugged: "It's better for the environment."
Judd's leading her to the bus stop and ten minutes later they arrived at the edge of the forest. Judd starts to search his way trough the long gras and trees. Diane just followed him. Suddenly he stopped but Diane was lost in her thoughts, ran against his back and fell on her butt: "Ouchie!! Judd what happened??" He turnes around and smirks: "We're going to camp here." Dianes eyes wided horrified: "C-Camping?? In a foggy, scary forest?? A man has disappeared here and you wanna camp here??" Diane felt like crying. But Judd only smiled: "Don't worry dear, I'm with you... well because we have only one tent."
His hand ran embarrassed through his hair as he saw her shocked face. As long as Judd built the tent, Diane sat on a tree trunk and looked around. It was still foggy but she could see that they were on a glade in the forest. The fog mingled around her and made her clothes wet and heavy. "Judd, can we do a camp fire??" Diane asked. Judd nodded: "Sure. If you want you can search for some wood." She nodded and looked for some boughs on the ground but she found none. As she looked up again, she saw nothing but fog. "Oh no!" She murmured. Diane had lost her orientation. She sat on a tree trunk again, her heart beats heavy. She thought of the advice from her dad. "If you ever feel alone or scared, sing a song. Somebody will come along and hear you." She heard him say and so she automatically startet singing the first song that came to her mind: "What's the time?? Seems it's already morning. I see the sky, it's so beautiful and blue. The TV's on but the only thing showing, is a picture of you." She didn't even know why she sings this song but now she couldn't stop anymore. The words were floating from her lips and the melody touches her heart. She felt stronger now and so she sang fiercely the chorus of her song: "I'm spending my time. Watching the days go by. Feeling so small, I stare at the wall, hoping that you, think of me too. I'm spending my time."
___________________________
I do not own the lyrics and the melody of this song. All rights to the swedish pop-group Roxette.
___________________________
Big thanks to my beta-reader and Jasmine💕