The law of the wilderness

Ira just sat there without saying a word, scanning Diane. Diane did the same. Ira was a young girl with curly, wild, red hair, blue eyes and lots of freckles. After Ira finished scanning Diane, she smiled and said, "Hi, I'm Ira. I'm a student of the pack. You're Diane...and you're not a wolf right?? My mentor Tamika told me about you." Diane nodded, "Everybody is so friendly to me and I always thought werewolves were evil." Ira laughed, "I think they like you. At first, everybody was suspicious because you are from another pack, but after some time they start to trust you and then they are really friendly." Diane wondered, "You weren't born in this pack??" "No," Ira said, "The students of a pack always come from another." Diane was confused, "But you'll probably never see your parents again." Ira nodded, "Yea I know. But neither I nor the Alphas made those rules." "Those rules??" Asked Diane. Ira replied, "Yep. Those rules are called the law of the wilderness. All werewolves who live in packs were born and raised with it. I'll explain the most important rules to you:

Rule number one: It's the most important one. Never call Alpha, Beta or Omega wolves by their real names until they allow you to. They may introduce themselves to you by calling them their real names but mostly they add the sentence, "Just call me Alpha" or "Just call me Beta". You should respect that. If you don't they will get really angry.

Rule number two: It's one of the most important rules for the students. Don't talk to older or higher members of the pack until they allow you to do so. And be careful what you say.

Rule number three: The pack is the most important thing. You bring your prey for the pack, you have to protect the pack with your life, you live for it and you die for it if it's necessary."

Ira checked if she forgot one, then she shook her head. Diane smiled, "A lot of rules..." Ira nodded, "But they are important to make sure that everyone respects the Alpha." Diane thought about all the rules as something came to her mind: "Ira, can you tell me the function of Beta, Omega, Skye, Taya and your mentor?" Ira giggled: "Sure! Look, Alpha is the leader, he makes all the decisions. Beta is his deputy, in case something happens to Alpha, she'll be the new leader of the pack. And Omega...." Ira's face turned as red as a tomato as she thought of Indigo. Diane laughed but Ira continued: "well Omega is a kind of a consultant to Alpha and Beta. Skye and Taya are the healers, they can heal your wounds and they sometimes have visions of the future. They're close to Alpha because of this. And my mentor, Tamika, is a hunter. Every pack has hunters and warriors. Hunters get the food for the pack and the warriors protect the pack. I'm going to be a hunter like Tamika and Yuriko." She proudly told Diane. But Diane lowered her head, "You of all have important tasks for the pack, but I..."
Ira reached out her hand to comfort Diane: "You'll find your task. You can ask Alpha, Beta and Omega..." Again her face turned incredibly red. Diane smiled: "You really like Omega right? You always blush when you call his name." Ira shyly lowered her look: "Yes he's so dreamy." Diane wondered: "I think he's scary, his one eye... ugh, scary! And he's so unfriendly." Ira laid a finger on her lips: "Shhhhh, don't talk too loud. He's not unfriendly, he's just suspicious. And his eyes, ahhhh, blue like the sky at night." "But..." Diane murmured, "One eye is grey with a scar, is he blind in this eye?" Ira was about to answer Diane's questions as a deep, melodic voice behind her said, "Yes I am!" In the open door stood Omega himself. Ira turned as red as a ripe cherry and lowered her look. She whispered, "O-Omega, I..." Omega shook his head, "Ira, shhh it's better if you say nothing." "Y-Yes" she whispered. A slight smile curled his lips as he said, "Tamika is back, she wants to see you." Ira nodded, her face was still red as she stood up and left the room. She murmured: "Good night Diane." Omega was still there: "I hope Ira told you our rules and not only news about our pack." Diane nodded and Omega continued: "Good. I bet you're hungry, I got you something to eat." He held a slice of bread, a bit of butter, an apple and a pear. "Thank you," Diane said, surprised because he was friendly. "Don't think I trust you. You're a stranger and a human. You can talk to Vinnie and stay here until your ankle is healed, but not any longer." He growled. In this moment Taya, the woman with white hair, entered the room. She threw a look at Omega before she sat near Diane's feet. As she spoke, Diane was surprised by her voice. It was wonderfully soft and felt like honey. Taya said: "Don't take him too seriously, Diane." She laughed slightly. Omega grinned. Two white fangs poked out of his mouth. "Oh yeah?" he asked. "Sure. You're not as hard as you always act Indigo." Taya giggled. She started to examine Diane's ankle. Omega froze as she said this. He growled and Taya suddenly stood up and faced him. Diane followed every move of them. What would she do if they started to fight? But Taya only said: "You won't attack your own sister, will you?" 'Sister?' Diane thought: 'so Omega and Taya are siblings, that's interesting.' Omega relaxed and grinned, "No not today. One day Taya, one day..." Taya smiled and hugged him. Then she said: "And now, get out! Leave my patient and me alone." He touched her nose with his and left the room. Diane's mouth was open and she finally closed it. Taya laughed as she saw her face. "Don't take him too seriously. He's actually a softie."