PROLOGUE PART 2

I finally arrive at the Crescent Moon Pack. The pack had gathered at the front. Waiting to welcome me I guess. As soon as I came closer, the crowd cheered for me. But I wasn't buying it. I just walked past everyone and ignored them.

I saw Alpha Kendrick and his daughter Sohpie, who did not look pleased to see me. If anything, I could see the anger in her eyes. But I don't think it was exactly directed at me, it was the whole arranged marriage situation. Her father is forcing her to get married which is against her wishes of finding her mate.

She has been passed from my brother Xander who didn't want to marry her because he found his mate, to Noah the Beta who did not marry her for the same reason. Then it's me. I am the perfect candidate since my mate hates me and has left me for good.

I approach them. I bowed my head in respect. The Alpha extended his hand to shake, "It is good to see your Soul."

I just stared at his hand and stared back at the Alpha. "It's Solomon."

I didn't like Kendrick. He's a sleezy man, with no moral compass. He once tried to force himself onto Noah's mate, but thank goodness I was there. He knows that I despise him, so I am  glad I get to overthrow his rule. By the time I'm alpha...I am going to cast him out as a rogue. But for the time being, I have to be respectful. If I give him a reason to not think I can be Alpha...I'll be sent back to my pack, and he will demand my mated brother to marry his daughter.

Kendrick retracted his hand as soon as he knew I was not going to return the gesture.
I turned to Sophie and bowed my head respectfully. Her face looked numb and emotionless as she bows back to me.

"I hope you travelled smoothly here." She said.

"I did."

"One of the maids will guide you to your room if you wish to rest from your long journey."

I nodded my head, "Yes, thank you Sophie."

She bowed her head respectfully and motioned for one of the maids to take me to my room. She is very stiff and robotic. But I can't blame her when she doesn't want to marry.

I saw an old woman come forth. She gave me a smile and said, "Will you please follow me Mister Nightwalker."

As she walked inside the house I said to her, "Please, call me Solomon."

The elderly female, nodded, "If you wish sir."

The house was actually rather nice. I know that this pack is quite wealthy, so the three story house isn't a surprise.
She lead me to the very top floor, which I am guessing is for the more elite members of the pack.

When we stop at a door at the end of the hall. She have me a key.
"This is so than no one will go in or out unless you want then to. I hope you approve of your room Solomon. If it does not appease you than please let me know and I will shift you somewhere more to your liking."

I shook my head, "No, that won't be necessary. This room will be just fine."

She bowed her head again and walks off.

I go into my room. It was a nice room. It had dark blue walls, cherry polished wooden floors that shine. The bed was black, grey, white and navy. It was a king size with a black canopy up top. The whole right side wall was completely glass, making an illusion that there is no wall at all. It faced the front if the pack house with the trees and mountains. It was a view that he thought was actually quite calming.

I unpacked my things and organised them in drawers and walk in closet. I went to the in suite to set up my toiletries. Once I was done. I made my way down stairs. I wanted to walk around a bit, get a feel for what kind of pack it is.