CHAPTER 44

SOLOMON

I kept my promise. She didn't want me to look, so I didn't. But the sounds that I heard...they were horrific. Hearing her cry and scream in pain...and not being able to stop it...it was in agony. I hated hearing her suffer. 

I was scared. I was scared for her. I wanted it to stop. Hearing him take her in such a vulgar and disgusting way...I wanted it all to stop. I growled and snarled in anger as I listened. My anger was sky rocketing. I thought my heart was going to explode by how much it was beating. I wanted to rip out of these chains and rip the bastard in half. I wanted him to suffer such a painful death. I fantasised about what I would do to him, how much pain I wanted to cause him and how happy I would feel at the end. 

My worry for my mate grew when silence was all that's left in the room. I gulped, as I heard sounds of shuffling. I opened my eyes to see Kendrick. He stood up with his pants on, he turns to me and gave me a smug smirk that I wanted to punch off his face, "Do you see now, Solomon?" He says, "She was never yours, she will always be mine." 

He stalks off and slams the door shut. I turn to Ayla. She laid there naked, with her slashed up back to me in total silence.She didn't move at all. 

"Ayla?" I called out. She didn't do anything to indicate that she heard me. Worry ate at me. I moved against the chains, "Ayla!" I shouted, but again...she never moved. I didn't know what to do, or to think, except revel in my anger against Kendrick. 

"I don't know if you'll hear me or not, Little Wolf," I called out to her, "But I'm here, okay? I'll get you out, I promise you."

AYLA

I heard every word he said. I knew he was being kind to me, trying to comfort me. But I couldn't do it. I couldn't face him after what he had just witness. 

I felt so ashamed and so humiliated. My body being abused in such an intimate way is unbearable. But it happening in front of someone you love is even worse.  I couldn't face Solomon. I didn't want to look at him or hear him. He will realise how dirty I really am. I am just used goods now. He'll know that I can't be clean anymore...and he'll resent me.

I felt the silent tears roll down the side of my face. I closed my eyes as I felt every nerve, every vessel...being filled with the utter most pain. I will be alone again. I will be alone with Kendrick forever. He will always be there.

My I didn't move...I couldn't. My body is reacting to the trauma, as well as recovering from the shift. Now I was completely weak. A part of me wishes I may die in this position. That I may be able to fall asleep and never wake up. Milo has Solomon. Solomon may end up hating me, but he could never hate his son. 

I was too tired right now. My mind is not with me. My body hurts. I just want to forget. I want to forget everything. I wish I could die, I wish I never existed...I wish I was never born.

XANDER

We marched into the woods. We were almost there. I looked over my shoulder and saw the men. They were finally gonna have the satisfaction of ripping Kendrick's army to shreds. And so was I. He has my brother and Ayla. If either of them are harmed, he will pay. I saw the lights of the pack up ahead. 

I had Eddie, Lincoln and Miguel with me in the front. 

"Are you sure, you two are good to fight?" I asked Eddie and Miguel. 

Eddie winks, "I'm ready. I've waited a long time to kick this bastard's ass. Especially after what happened before."

Miguel nodded, "Same here. I've never met the guy, but, from what I hear, he's a pretty sick asshole."