CHAPTER 28

SOLOMON

I was chopping some wood to put on the fire. We had moved up into the mountains. People have split off into different groups in the caves. I quickly grabbed the chopped wood and put it next to the fire. Winter had finally past and now it came spring. 

Once I finished with the wood I went to grab more blankets from the basket for Mia. She had said her and her pup was getting a little chilly. 

Mia gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Thomas...Tommy for short. However, because of her previous injuries, birthing the pup was a challenge that came with complications. Mia lost a lot of blood during labor. She almost died. But she hung on. Her body has had a hard time coping. Mia has only rested ever since Tommy was born. Noah has been good to her. He is always around her, making sure she was comfortable and that she's okay. 

I grab the blankets and make my way to Mia's tent. 

"Hello?" I called out. 

"Come in!"

I crouch down and get into the tent. Mia was lying there holding Tommy closely to her chest. she greets me with a gentle and tired smile, "Soul. It's good to see your face."

I smiled back, "And it's always good to see yours."

I spread the blankets over both her and Tommy. 

"Thank you for bringing the extra blankets. Noah was going to but then he got called by Xander."

I shake my head, "don't worry about it. I haven't seen you in a while so it was a good excuse to come over."

She pats on the spot close to her, "Why don't you sit down and stay for a while."

I looked over my shoulder to see where the sun was at in the sky. I had to leave soon. I turned back to Mia and shrugged my shoulders, "I guess I could stay for a little bit."

I sat down, leaned back and sighed, "It's been a while since I've actually rested," I chuckled, "It feels good."

"What have you been up to lately?" She asks.

I look up at the roof of the tent and shrug my shoulders, "Nothing really. Just patrolling and traveling."

Mia's eyebrows raised in surprise, "We live in a cave together, how could I not know you've been traveling?"

"I'm quiet I guess. I've volunteered to travel around the area to form allies. Xander thinks Kendrick has a lot of wolves on his side. It was time we did the same."

Mia nodded her head, "Sounds like you've kept yourself busy."

"Yeah well, no use doing nothing. We're in a war."

"Do you ever have a break? You seem to always be on the go. Don't you just want to, I don't know, stand still?"

I shook my head, "Nope. I'm happy with what I'm doing. I like being busy. I like knowing there is something to do."

"But you've been doing this for six months now. Don't you want a break."

"There is no such thing as a break in war."

"But we haven't been attacked since that time in the woods."

I began to get irritated by her pushiness, "Does that mean the war is over? No, it doesn't. There will be another battle. We just don't know when."

"Have you thought of Ayla or Milo these past months?" She asks cautiously. 

I shook my head, "I'm too busy to think about them," I've thought of them every minute of every day.