Chapter 8

This one is dedicated to ChloeJackson9!!! I like your answer! What is going to happen? Guess we'll have to wait and see. I appreciate you reading! All of you! 💓 I hope that you guys like this chapter!
(P.S.: After looking for an emoji app; finding three apps and deleting those three apps, my friend takes my phone and finds the emojis as if it were that simple!! Ugh! I need to take a 'Gadgets of the 21st Century' class! Haha!)

----------------------------
Heather's POV

When I stepped off of the plane, I almost died. Wow! It is hot!

'Not as hot as our mate!' Leah screamed.

She has been doing that since I decided to leave. It's probably just the stupid mate bond. It makes me feel bad for doing that to Marcio's wolf, but he can thank Marcio for that!

'That doesn't even make sense! Please, Leah, can we try to make a new life here? I will probably only be here for a little while. I just need to sort some things out. Like, can we trust Marcio not to hurt us again? And, am I as strong as I think I am? Please just try, I will get back to him as soon as possible, if only for your sake.' I heard her start to yelp. 'What?'

'We will see our mates again!' She snapped her mouth shut and blocked me out.

The heck? I was about to ask, but I was cut off by the hand reaching to pull my baggage off of the rotating bag thingy. (clever, huh?)

"What are you doing on my land, rouge?" he spoke so that only we could hear. The man was tall and built. Like, for real! Does he eat bricks for breakfast? His blonde hair was styled in a quiff, green eyes menacing. But his Australian accent made my knees a little weak.

"I'm not a rouge. I am Alpha Heather of the Blood Moon pack in America. I have come here for a personal vacation. I would have called, but long distance calls are such a pain." Okay, so not all of that was true; although, long distance calls can be annoying.

"Hmm, alright. But don't let it happen again. If you weren't an Alpha, things may not have gone so smoothly. Can I offer you a room in my pack house?"

"That would be lovely!" I smiled at him. He grinned and picked up my bag for me, and led me out to his Jeep."Nice ride..." I just realized that I didn't know his name.

"Alpha Ethan. But since it's Alpha-to-Alpha, you can just call me Ethan." He gave me a brilliant smile that made butterflies flutter a bit in my stomach.

'What is going on?!' I hissed to my wolf. She momentarily took down her walls to reply.

'Eww! Don't do that!' Then the walls were up again. I didn't feel like prying, so I just let it go. Ugh! I just realized that I hadn't asked her about the day we left! I'll ask her once we get to Ethan's pack house.

"So..." I started. "How are things with your pack?" This is really awkward.

"Uh, okay I guess. We are just recovering from a rouge attack. And if you and I hadn't been in front of all those humans, I might have tried to kill you," His face hardened for a second before he seemed to be staring off into space. Then his attention snapped back to me. "Oh. Sorry about back there."

"It's alright. I'm sure that if I had been through all that you have, I would have been the same way," I said, simply.

We were silent for a few minutes before I asked a burning question.

"If you don't mind me asking, how many were lost?" His head snapped to me. He stared intently into my eyes and his began to well up with tears. He pulled the car to the side of the road before he answered.

"I-It was my m-m-mate! They came in and took her from me!" Tears were running down his face.

"I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have asked!" I am an awful human being! Werewolf being? Whatever!

"No, it's okay, really. Actually, you remind me of her. A lot..." He began to lean into me, and I wants stopping him. I slowly leaned in...

Until I had to think about Marcio. Dammit! I turned my head at the last second and Ethan kissed my cheek. Where his lips touched left tingles. "I'm sorry, I just can't."

"Sorry. It's my fault. I shouldn't have d-" I stopped him from going on by putting my finger to his lips.

"It's not that I don't want to, because, believe me, I do. It's just my mate cheated on me and I'm not sure if I'm ready to trust just yet." I giggled and quickly planted a kiss on his cheek.

He smiled widely. "Well, let's get you to the pack house. I'm sure that you're exhausted!" He started the car and we continued to his pack house.

A few minutes into the drive, I fell asleep.

--------------------

We were surrounded by a crowd full of faces with loving expressions. Helena and I looked around and smiled. We took each other's hands and smiled to each other. A light began to glow from within us. The moon soon gave off that same glow.

Suddenly, we were stood in front of a frail old woman. She smiled at us before morphing into a beautiful, young woman.

"Hello, girls! I have sent for you because I can no longer be down there on Earth and still be up in the heavens keeping balance. I have chosen you because of this. You and your chosen mates will protect and guide the living Were population. But, be warned. If you pick one over fun, rather than the pair, the word won't be as tame as it is. I know you can do it, but choose wisely. Feel it, in your heart..." As she fades away, she leaves behind a powerful aura. It doubles and envelopes Helena and I.

A warm feeling fills our chests and we grin at one another. In the blink of an eye, we were back on Earth in the pack house...

------
I am really pissed off right now. Wattpad deleted half of this chapter!!! Ugh! I swear, before, it was so much better!!! I just need a moment to cry in the corner. *weep weep sob wail* Okay I'm better now. Hope you liked it!

COMMENT!

VOTE!!

FOLLOW!!!