Chapter 18 : "Pregnancy Pact."

MBBG book 1 : The Bad Boys Taught Me,chapter 17.

Friendship is born when realize that being around someone is far more beneficial to the heart than being by yourself. ~T.Francis.

---------

"Who the hell is Tyler ?",the question keeps on repeating itself in my mind but I can't muster up enough courage to answer it. It was like I was frozen.

After what felt like an eternity I got my vocal cords to cooperate as I answered,"Tyler is my friend."

That was all I could get out. Xavi didn't look too pleased with my explanation. "Oh he is ? Then why is he texting you and saying he misses your smile and the way you laugh ?",Xavi asks reading the text on my screen.

"Because he does ?",I say with a very dumb facial expression. I was more asking than stating my response.

The air became thicker in my house and the boys looked really uncomfortable. Everyone looked like they wanted to leave,even I wanted to and it was my house.

"Athalia listen, I am not mad at you.",Xavi says with an unreadable expression on his face. All the boys to look at him incredulously. They were all shocked at his response.

"I'm extremely mad.",he finishes with a cold chuckle.

The boys surprisingly looked more relaxed now than they did when he said he wasn't mad.

"Lia,why would you get so jealous of me talking to Lina when you are basically doing the same thing ?",he says looking right at me.

I don't know what to say so I pretend to be gathering my thoughts to come up with a response. Honestly he was right. I had never thought about how hypocritical it would look. The thing is though,I haven't texted Tyler back.

So finally I said,"I don't reply when he texts me anymore. Tyler is just a friend. He was there when I needed someone."

Putting the pieces together,none of the boys dared to respond.

We kept quiet for a few minutes,no one even daring to move for it would have been way too awkward with the tension in the room.

The only this could be solved was if the boys went home. However,I would never dismiss my friends from my home and it was way too early on a Friday night for them to come up with a lame excuse of being "tired".

So for a few more minutes we stuck with the silence. That is until God sent someone to ring my doorbell.

Just then we all simultaneously say,"Thank God." Then everyone,including Xavi and I starting laughing.

I hopped up off the couch and went straight to the door.

Opening it, I squealed at the site of the person in front of me.

"Hola chica",Tianna says giving me a tight hug.

I can hear the boys in my living room muttering something about "horrible Spanish accent".

"I'm so glad you're back !",I say excitedly.

Tianna has been staying with her sister at the orphanage because she fell sick a week ago. We've texted everyday since that day she brought me there.
We've become good friends.

She had texted me in the morning and told me she'd swing by for a sleepover so we can talk about any and everything.

"Me too ! I couldn't wait to see you. My sister is feeling much better and told me to tell you that you should come visit.",she says smiling as she brings her bag inside.