Chapter 16 - Debrief

This is the last chapter. Hope you liked this novella teaser. My evil plan is simple: lure you into buying the full length adventure "Teen Monster Hunters". Did I succeed? Your purchase means the world to me, I promise you, it is a great story! Thanks for following my work, visit me at , or on Facebook, or Twitter. My handle always is: alexameswriting.

„Teen Monster Hunters", now online available in print and as ebook.

Agent Black's SUV crunched the gravel in front of Sally's trailer home. Black stopped the motor and killed the light. It was long after nightfall. Most trailers were dark, and the park was quiet, with an occasional truck passing by on the nearby highway or a dog barking somewhere. They rolled down the windows to get in some air.

"Did we pass?" Sally asked light-heartedly. Ryan and Moe already had been driven home, Sally being the last stop.

"Not in my mind, no," Black said in the darkness. "But I am not the one to decide this."

"We caught your runaway... translucent thing, whatever it was."

"Yeah, and thanks for that. But that had not been the purpose of our little excursion. Director Fletcher likes to use you guys in occasional cases when we need kids to go undercover or are short-handed."

"And, what's wrong with that?"

"I don't feel comfortable. These... cases we have are dangerous. So far you managed to come out your encounters unscathed, but that had been pure luck. Next time you might end up doing your Karate chops one-handedly."

They were silent for a moment.

"Apropos, Karate, you might want to teach me one or the other trick," Sally said.

Black smiled in the dark. "I might just do that. But don't expect me to ring you often, my case-load is brutal, and we are traveling a lot. And thanks for putting Mr. Jumper in place; he had it coming for a long time. He tortures every one of us Agents."

"At your service. You know where to find me, Agent," Sally said, grabbed her backpack and opened the door.

Agent Black watched her fumbling with the door lock in the dark, gave a last wave, and then Sally was gone. A light went on in the right section of the trailer.

Black started the motor and set the SUV in motion for the long drive back.

Director Fletcher lowered his reading glasses and looked up at Agent Black who stood in front of his desk.

"What kind of B.S. are you trying to sell me here?" he asked, waving the pieces of stapled paper of the report.

"Sir, you asked me to write a report on the kids' evaluation, and that's what I did."