Chapter Twelve: Surprises

The last days of the week made some people very anxious. After the doctor's breakdown and Sherlock's chase after him, no one was quite sure where they had disappeared to. A couple hours after the two were left at the cemetery, Bella received a text from Sherlock.

Gone on a case.

Be back soon.

-SH

Then another...

Don't bother calling.

-SH

She was thrilled that the detective and the doctor had finally come together or at least she was hoping that's what "case" meant.They both deserved to be happy after all they had been through. It also meant she would have plenty of fun teasing John.

It had been three days since then and she had gathered the ladies in the kitchen of her bakery for some tea. They were chatting about the duo and wondering how long they would be away.

Mrs. Hudson kept adding how she had known all along and Mrs. Robertson had mentioned how alike they were to herself and her late husband. Rachel looked at them with wishful eyes, it made Bella chuckle. Days without Mycroft were so much easier with them keeping her company but she wished the mysterious man would arrive soon.

As if reading her thoughts, her phone dinged on the counter and she reached for it quickly when she read the screen. Mycroft's name. The sudden movement causing the women to turn to her. They shared a smile amongst themselves, knowing very well that it was her beloved Iceman.

Bella's heart beat harder in excitement, Mycroft was due back any day now.

Good evening Bella. I apologize for having gone so long without contacting you.

-MH

It's alright Mycroft, I know you're very busy.

-BT

The women smiled to each other as the baker smiled brightly at her phone and continued to talk amongst themselves.

You give me too much credit Isabella. There's no need to be alarmed but I must ask, do you trust me?

-MH

Of course I do.

-BT

Would you go upstairs for me?

-MH

Bella didn't bother to reply or explain to her friends as she rushed for the stairs, almost toppling over twice on her way up.

"Is Mycroft up there waiting for you on your bed?!"

She could hear them all laugh downstairs as she glanced towards her bed. She shook her head at the silly thought though it would have been nice. A gentle knock from the window interrupted her thoughts and sent her head snapping in its direction.

Smiling shyly, Mycroft stood fidgeting outside. The sight making Bella melt. She ran to the window and opened it as fast as she could with nervous fingers. Crawling out as smoothly as she could, she hesitated on hugging him. Noticing this, Mycroft held open his arms and she rushed into them, taking in his warmth, his scent. She loved the way the silky fabric of his suit felt cool against her heated cheek.

"I apologize if my meeting you up here is strange." He said as he parted slightly to look down at her, "I might've seen it in a film before."

"Oh was it Pretty Woman?"

The Iceman's Baker (Mycroft Holmes)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara