Chapter 55

A/N: I actually wrote two chapters today but thought about spacing both out but seeing how I'm much to excited about them.. I can't withhold them from my Readers. Problem with this is that I'm unsure when next I will write. Hopefully this will tide you over in case it takes a few days or a week until next time. Enjoy. 

Rhynon:

Gobsmacked. Completely gobsmacked. Why on Meridia was the owner of Fushigina dressed in expensive battle garb? And the hair! It took me longer than I'd like to think for a response to leave my mouth. 

"Yes, that's me. You own the Fushigina Auction House? May I inquire to whom I'm speaking with?"

His coal lined eyes seemed to stare into my very soul and heated with an emotion that I couldn't decipher. It reminded me of a snake in tall grass watching its prey. 

"Ah, yes. I apologize for not giving out introductions. My name is Xavier Caro and I own the newly spread out Fushigina Auction Houses that have been established in Luminous Roots and its varying Nests."

There was more than the two Houses that I was already made aware of? Did he mean that he'd spread out completely? If so then that would mean that he'd set up where it would be the most profitable as well as most demanding. Not to mention he'd need to have spread the Auction Houses far enough apart that it wouldn't clash with the other branch's business. 

My left eye twitched at the thought. 

"Houses? As in plural? I had assumed that it was merely the one in Starlight and Rose."

He gave me that penetrating look yet again before a slight smirk graced his lips. That smirk didn't bode well. My heart began to race as I waited for his response to my inquiry. 

"You know what they say, assuming makes an ass of you and me."

Xavier narrowed his eyes at me and I fought to not squirm as a flush coated the tips of my ears and the back of my neck. 

I'd worn my shoulder length black hair down so it covered the parts currently dyed red in embarrassment.

"My apologies," when he didn't respond or answer the question I'd asked I decided to bypass that and head straight into negotiations. 

"I asked you here today to discuss a possible business alliance."

"What did you have in mind," he asked before leaning back against the cushioned bench on his side of the table. 

Light from the window shone in on us and cast its dazzling rays onto Xavier's hair and causing it to shimmer like flames. He begun to tap the table in impatience. Before I could proceed though, a waitress finally gave us service. 

"Welcome to Glorious Gluttony, have you decided on what you both would like to order today?"

"Yes," I looked to Xavier to see if he was ready as well and at his nod I continued, "I'd like a bottle of Paradise Berry Bliss with a side glass of water for my drink. As for food, I'd appreciate the Smashing Seduction."

Xavier raised his eyebrow at my choice but otherwise didn't comment on the name. He looked back to the menu which had been placed on the table during our short conversation. 

"I'll have the ... 'Business Bash'," he sneered at the name. I couldn't fault him though. The entire restaurant, although high end, seemed to be running on a naming scheme that has the first letters of each word matching. 

The waitress wrote down our orders using a form of runic magic in front of her before sending it to the kitchen. This place was to high class for paper orders, or so I've come to realize. 

Damon:

It was exceedingly difficult to not just kill the man where he sat. Although, maybe it wouldn't be in my best interest to kill the man before he's even begun to talk business. 

When the waitress left us and the privacy circle snapped back into place I turned my attention back to the swine in front of me. I raised an eyebrow waiting for him to begin talking. 

"As I was saying previous, before the waitress interrupted, I was hoping that we could form a sort of business alliance together. Over the years I've made many connections and could help provide your Auction with even more valuables than you can currently procure. As long as you split the proceeds fifty-fifty with me I think it would be infinitely reasonable to form one."

I chuckled a bit before asking, "Oh? Which 'connections' do you refer to?"

There was a pause as the waitress came back with their drinks and food. Service here was impeccable. 

"Now, if I told you that than that would be giving away my hand all to soon."

I was not amused and I'm sure he realized that since he paused halfway to his mouth with the glass filled with his wine. 

"Mr. Khyra," I took a bite out of my food, chewed, swallowed, and then continued on, "it would behoove you to not get on my ever growing bad side. You see, the reason I ask who your connections are isn't because I plan on stealing them."

He opened his mouth as if to say something but I plowed on with what I was getting at. 

"No, no. I'm not planning on stealing them because I'm quite sure that I've already got them 'in the bag' or so the saying goes. So, I asked merely to decide on the course of action to proceed with our dealings. If you don't have anything valuable to offer then these negotiations are moot. Correct?"

Rhynon's jaw slightly slackened as he was left speechless on how to proceed. It amused me to no end how many emotions flitted across the man's face. I narrowed my eyes at him as I tried to staunch the need to tear the fucker apart for harming my sister. 

My hand unintentionally clenched around the glass and had it been anything weaker than what it was, it would've splintered before turning to dust. As it were, a crack had began to form on the glass shelling. I let out a sight before pushing the glass towards the small dish port that would take dirty dishes away to the kitchen. It also worked out when someone accidentally breaks a dish. 

At some point, the sound of cracking glass must have cued Rhynon in on my displeasure because he snapped his mouth shut. He fiddled with the plate of Alfredo noodles doused in Garlic Sauteed 3 Star Oysteras. Oysteras were a type of water based magical beast that, when cooked and eaten, will give the human a slight euphoric or aphrodisiac feeling. 

"I'll make it easier for you to better understand. Out of the 12 Families who have dealings in Nest Rose, 7 of them have already guaranteed to work with Fushigina. I've drawn up a contract with stipulations that they won't go through anyone else unless we expressly agree with any terms from the other. So, I ask again Mr. Khyra, what pray tell do you believe you may have that I don't already?"