Part 1

J A V I E R

I freeze. Every part of me is frozen.

While other pack members are screaming or shouting, a few crying all I could think was he's going to die and the worst part is I feel nothing. My emotional shields do a superb job of that. I'm his mate, regardless of him being the submissive one in our bond; I should have felt something right?

"My heart, my love means nothing to you..."

As Abalon's body hit the floor I feel as though I've been kicked by the Hulk and punched by Superman.

I double over as the pain grips my insides, a loud shout escaping me while I try to crawl to Abablon's body.

Everything I never let myself feel for Abalon comes at me like a freight train. And the truth is I did feel for him, I just pushed it aside because I've been in love with Ivan since we were kids. He's been my best friend and only confidante. To me Ivan was just perfect, the most perfect person in the world.

But right now, as I feebly pull Abalon's body into my arms, a hole in his chest I scream and scream and scream, the only thing I could do as liquid fire spreads through my veins and directly to my heart.

Arms shaking, my entire body and that pain from losing one's mate kept intensifying every breath I take after.

I don't know how long I stay there screaming over Abalon's body. My throat feels too raw to even swallow the saliva in my own mouth.

"Javier, let the doctor look at Abalon." Alpha says and my hold on Abalon tightens as the medics try to take him away from me.

"No! No!" I shake my head violently.

"Please don't take him." I whisper, tears falling onto Abalon's skin, blood soaking through my clothes from his wound.

"Please don't take him away from me." I look at my Alpha, begging him not to separate us.

"Um... guys? This might sound weird but I can hear a heartbeat inside Abalon." Ivan says sounding confused as he cocks his head.

"I hear it too." Alpha says in shock.

Oh God! I can hear it.

"He's ... he's pregnant?" I whisper. Before I know it Alpha has me pinned to the wall while I struggle, snarling and snapping trying to get back to my mate.

My wolf surfaces for a second but Alpha snarls in my face making him calm down a bit but we are too angry to become entirely submissive to him.

"Javier please, he has a chance." Alpha says in my ear and I hang onto those words.

I remain in a heap in Alpha's arms while the pack healer and my sister work on Abalon's wound.

"Where are they taking him?" I ask frantically when they load Abalon onto a gurney and start wheeling him out.

"To the Medical Centre. He'll be treated better there." Alpha Tyke says.

I stay where I am with Alpha holding me as if I might fight against him again.

"I want to go with him. Please?" I beg my heart hurting even more the further Abalon is taken away from me.

"I will take you Javier but no funny business. I won't hesitate to drop you." Alpha says gruffly and loosens his hold on me when I nod.

We walk to the building reserved as our own private health care centre and I sit in one of the hard chairs in the lobby area, Alpha sits next to me and a few other warrior wolves took up spots around the room. I don't think too much on it but then it hit me when I shift in the chair and the wolves flinch. They are here for me.