Chapter 16- Enter Zoom

MacKenzie's POV

"Hey, stop fidgeting." Linda whispers to Barry.

"Sorry, it's been an hour. I landed in a ridiculous position, and my foot fell asleep." Barry says, moving a little.

"He's probably just waiting to see if you're really dead. Any minute now, he's gonna strike." Cisco says.

"No." Barry says, standing up off the ground.

"Sorry, I probably screwed up somehow." Linda says.

"No, Linda, you did great." Iris tells her through the comms.

We watch Harry knock over a bunch of stuff and then leave the scene.

***

"There you go." Cisco says, later that night putting a new Flash emblem on the suit. "It's like you think these things just grow on trees or something."

"And we threw away the last one for nothing." Barry says.

"You've been going over this footage dozens of times. Everything went exactly according to plan." Caitlin says as we stand behind Barry at the computer.

"If it had, Zoom would have shown up." Harry says.

"Maybe Light was wrong." Barry says. "Maybe he can't see through the breaches. Or maybe he finally decided to give up." Barry's phone buzzes and he answers. "Hey. Iris, slow down. I can't understand you." Harry's watch beeps and an alarm goes off. "Zoom has Linda"

"He's on the roof." Cisco says and Barry zooms away.

***

"Zoom cannot be human." Caitlin says as we watch the footage.

"He is... Or was." Harry says.

"How the hell is Barry supposed to defeat that?" Cisco asks.

"Don't make me nervous." I plead, closing my fists and trying not to quake.

Barry speeds out.

"Why is he running away?" Harry asks.

"He's not." Cisco says. "He's not scared. Ooh, he's gonna thunderbolt him!"

"What?" Harry asks.

"Jay taught him how to throw lightning." Caitlin explains.

Barry throws the lightning and Zoom speeds, catches it and throws it back at Barry.

"Did you guys see that?" Barry asks.

"See him catch a bolt of lightning with his demonic claws? Yeah, saw that." Cisco says.

"Jay was right. He cannot do this alone." Caitlin says.

"He's not alone." Harry says, grabbing his gun and walking out.

"Run, Barry." Caitlin says.

"No. I'm gonna see if Wells' speed-dampening serum works." Barry tells us through his comms. "What do you want from me?"

"Everything." Zoom responds.

"You want to be me? Is that it? You want to be a hero?" Barry asks.

"Heroes die." Zoom says.

"Only if you can catch them." Barry sasy, speeding away up the building and Zoom follows.

"How is Barry gonna match Zoom's speed?" Caitlin asks.

"Genius. He's not gonna match it. He's gonna take it out of the equation altogether." Cisco says.

"What are you talking about?" Caitlin asks and I catch onto what Cisco's saying.