Chapter 18

Dean glared back as Angie slammed her fists down on his desk. He sat with the rest of his team, the table fell into silence as soon as the echo of her fist resonated through the cafeteria.

"I think we need to have a little talk."

Luka stood behind her, a bit skeptical of her friend's antics. This was probably not the best way into baiting him to be honest with them, evidently if it did anything, it angered him. He gave her a hard side glance and stood abruptly.

She turned, to walk back to the art room where Dalia and Karma were waiting. Luka trailed behind them silently. Dean noticed her solemn behavior.

"What's this about?" He questioned.

She looked up, unsure of what to say. "Nothing you'd want to be discussed in the corridor."

He sighed, but looked forward, his mouth set in a tight line. The rays of light peeked into the corridor through the wide windows lining the corridor and lit half of his face, he stood stoically, a rigid look about him as he approached the classroom.

His eyes drifted towards Karma, who was grinning like a Cheshire Cat in the corner of the room. Something told me he found the situation to be amusing.

"What's he doing here?" Dean asked, eying auspiciously. His shoulder tensed and suddenly he seemed a lot more intimidating.

"Never-mind that, we need you to tell us what happened with you, Clint and Sebastian."

He paled, his skin a pasty white as he opened his mouth, before shutting it again. "Look, nothing happened okay. I
don't know why you're so hung over a non-existent situation."

Angie let out a dry laugh, stepping closer to him. "If it's nonexistent why is it documented here?" She held up the file, her steely eyes finding his once again.

He narrowed his eyes considerably and I knew it was finally dawning on him that his resolve was unraveling. "What is that?"

"The police file covering Sebastian's case." Karma answered coolly and Dean's eyes caught his in surprise. It filtered through though into his expression, although I'm sure he tried to keep his emotions in check.

When he finally spoke, it came out in a harsh, cool voice that cut cleanly through the tension prominent in the air.

"Where did you get that?"

Angie shrugged. "Just because he died, it doesn't mean he's going to stop being our friend. I think we deserve the closure of knowing what really happened. You know why Jaxon targeted him."

Dean glared at her. "And you intend to get result through forms of manipulation and making threats against me?"

Karma laughed. "If She were threatening you, you'd know. This girl doesn't do subtle."

Luka stood forward, her voice soft compared to the anger infused in the voices of the others.

"Please Dean, he was our best friend. And if you're in trouble, we can help you too."

He looked at her, unsure of himself. He sighed, looking away towards the light.
Finally he swore, turning towards us.

"I don't trust him." He said, directing his gaze at Karma, who grinned back, glad that he was finally the center of attention.

"I'm completely trustworthy." He said, his tone waging on sarcastic. Dalia turned to him, giving him a pleading look and he sighed in defeat.

"I got the police file, my dad is the detective working on Sebastian's case."

Dean's eyes burned with worry. "That was in the file, they know about the drugs?"

Karma laughed. "You left a container of cocaine on the side of the road."

Dean paled. "We wipes our handprints off though."

"Ever heard of CCTV?" Came Angie's reply. Dean sat, putting his head in his knees.

"I'm going to be arrested for being in possession of it."

Karma grinned. "Calm down idiot, he would've questioned you if that's why he was worried about."

Dean's eyes snapped up, "what do you mean?"

"But what's Jaxon's relation to all this?" Dalia asked, her input sparking curiosity and even in Karma. This was something only Dean knew, it seemed.

"Dammit fine, a year ago we were offered a deal by Jaxon. It was suppose to be a simple collect and drop off, he said it would be about five grams of weed, light stuff. I agreed that he could drop it off in the gym storage room and I'd collect it, when we got there, it was a fucking container of cocaine. We had to move it, it was a ton of fucking cocaine man. But we panicked, it was so much and completely different from what we were told. We panicked and left it just off the highway."

Karma couldn't contain himself any longer and burst out laughing. He fell off the table and slid down the wall, his cherry red eyes falling over his eyes.

"Jesus man."

Dean looked at him in shock. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

He held his hand up. "I just haven't heard anything that good in a while." The rest of the group stopped for a second, before dismissing it.

"So Jaxon is a drug dealer?" Came Luka's confused voice. Dean let out a small laugh.

"No, he works for a much bigger organization, it's leaked into school, there's a couple people who do jobs for them for petty cash. They're the ones who have it out for us, Jaxon is just their pawn, their puppet, they're the ones pulling the strings."

"It's been a problem for years, they're always under the raider. Even my dad is having difficulty finding out why they are and even that, there's no evidence of anything. They're experienced, they don't slip up."

Angie turned, her eyes sparking.

"Everyone makes mistakes, especially when they're manipulated into it." Her gaze was on Karma now, realization sparking through the group.

"That's your motive against Jaxon, you're trying to coerce into giving up information."

Karma shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not."

Dean frowned. "He doesn't seem like someone that would crack very easily."

The sun hid behind the sun, covering Karma in a dark grey shadow that covered   the room.

"Guilt is a rope that wears thin."

Angie sat, her hands wrapped around her knees .

"Are you planning to drive him insane?"

He smirked. "I wonder what would happen if I were to take a knife to that rope."