01 ┃ 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤

━ ⭒─⭑━

"I swear, I don't even know how I allowed you to talk me into doing this." You pulled on the collar of your hoodie, feeling yourself growing anxious as you stood outside the double doors of a large stadium.

"Because you owed me and I owed someone else. Kinda handled two things at once, ya' know?" The voice of your best friend, Seora, comes out faintly through the phone pressed up against your ear.

"Yeah, and I thought you'd cash in the favor by me buying you ATEEZ merch or some food, not use it to come and do someone else's job for them." You hissed into the device, a bit frustrated at how nonchalant she sounded. "I can literally go to jail for employment fraud."

"If you stick to the plan, act the part, you won't get caught~"

You sighed in a mixture of annoyance and disappointment as you rubbed the bridge of your nose. "Okay, whatever. What am I supposed to do again?"

"Just walk up to the desk, say you're Han Ji-yoo and one of the volunteers. Hand 'em that ticket stub, and boom! You're good. And don't stress too much; I'll be there in like an hour." As Seora tried quelling your fears, you looked down at your watch only for it to read eight o'clock in the morning; it was time.

After wrapping up your goodbye with your friend, as well as threatening to choke her if you got caught, you hung up the phone, placing it in your pocket.

Taking one more deep breath, you made your way inside the stadium. Walking up to one of the booths, you politely knocked on the window to catch the teller's attention. "What can I do to help you?"

"Um, hi? My name is Han Ji-yoo and I'm one of the volunteers for the BTS concert that's being held today." You knew you must have looked sketchy by the way you kept fidgeting in place.

"Ticket, please?" The teller spoke with a polite smile.

"Oh, right. Just a sec." Fumbling in your hoodie pocket, you took out the ticket Seora gave you, sliding it through the slot.

The teller's eyes were narrowed as he looked down to observe the authentication of the ticket.

You were sweating bullets as you waited for something to happen.

Oh, Gods. Oh, Gods. Oh, Gods. I'm screwed! He knows I'm not Ji-yoo! I'm gonna go to jail and become someone's prison bitch

Your dramatic and hectic thoughts were disrupted by the teller's voice. "Okay Ms. Han, if you'd just sign here to document your attendance, I'll go fetch your badge." With that, you forged Ji-yoo's signature, something Seora made sure you learned to do, and the teller left the window to get the badge.

As soon as the man was out of sight, you squatted down to the floor, hands on your head as you prayed to any and all the Gods above. You can't believe you just committed identity fraud and got away with it.

Too deep into your miniature breakdown, you didn't notice the teller's reappearance. "Ms. Han?"

You jumped up at once, nearly giving the teller a heart attack. "Hello, sorry, I was tying my shoe."