38 Qinghai (9)

Restaurant in Qinghai.

The man inhaled, letting the smoke come out his mouth. His eyes showed a hint of mischief as he smirked at the older man sitting across from him.

"So, what do you think of the deal?" The older man asked nervously. Even though his people were outside waiting, he didn't want to be in the same room as this man at all.

"It's alright. Except I want 70 percent of the profits." The smiling man stated casually while the old man's face darkened.

70 percent?! Are you kidding me, we won't even be making any money then!

The old man kept his thoughts inside, as he tried to negotiate for a fair deal.

"How about we take 50/50?" Of course, he knew negotiating wasn't going to work right away with this man.

The younger man chuckled lowly in a deep voice. Setting his pipe down, he picked up a piece of meat from one of the dishes.

"You dare to negotiate with me? You should know that I always get what I want." With these words, he stood up, gesturing for his servants to remove the old man and his people.

"Wait!" The old man exclaimed, as he knew the one thing that would make him agree to his deal.

"The woman whom you want, I have information about her." He began and instantly the man who was walking away stopped on his tracks. Slowly turning around, he demanded,

"Speak." His words sent everyone in the building chills and they wouldn't dare to stop him from doing what he wanted.

The old man breathed in relief as he began to talk.

"She's here in Qinghai. Disguised as a male."
As he said this, the other man narrowed his eyes, as if doubting his statement.

"How can I believe you?" The man questioned, releasing his aura to pressure the old man in to telling the truth.

"It's true! She's staying at the Young Master's hut in the forest." The old man revealed, satisfying the male before him.

"Fine. I'll agree to your deals. I have other businesses to attend to so until next time." The man waved goodbye, leaving the restaurant.

The man wore a purple robe, with black intricates on them. Unlike other men during the time period, the man's hair was cut short. It reached his just above his chin, and he had a striking face that people covet.

Walking down the busy streets, women gawked at his appearance but he simply ignored them. His main focus was the person whom the old man mentioned earlier.

So she's in the province, huh?

A smirk plastered his face as he closed his eyes, allowing his spiritual energy to scan the area.

At the river.

Her presence came from the river so that old man was telling the truth after all.

The man teleported to the river, watching her strip. He didn't mean to witness this but he didn't know that she would be bathing at all. Despite hiding his spiritual aura, the female still managed to sense something off.

No wonder you're a genius, Wu Xingxie.

However, she was no match for someone like him.

With an advanced invisible spell, the man threw a blow on her neck, knocking her out. His lips curled into an evil smile as he teleported the both of them away.

*****

Carrying the female to his chamber, the man set her on the soft bed. With his powers, he dried her soaked body.

"At last, I've found you." He whispered, admiring the beauty below him.

Rather than waking her up, he kept her in slumber, as he had prepared a "gift" for her.

Removing the girl's clothes, the man formed his magical paint brush.

With black ink, he began to write out the characters of his name. His strokes were vivid and dark, making sure nothing could remove it. This was his way of marking her as his bride.

After he finished, the man dried the calligraphy on Wu Xingxie's body before dressing her.

He planned on keeping her but returned her to the river. He wanted to see how she would react once she saw the gift he gave her.

*****

Wei sensed worry when he realized Wu Xingxie wasn't returning any sooner. He wondered why she was taking so long just to bathe. It was already getting dark and Hu Jiayi already finished cooking, so something must have happened.

Without saying a word, he left the hut in search of the female. Tracking her spiritual energy, Wei found her asleep by the river bank.

"Eldest Miss!" He called out to her, rushing by her side. Seeing as she wasn't reacting, he lightly tapped her shoulder.

"Eldest Miss?" He called her once again but when she didn't respond, he picked her up bridal style.

Not caring that she was still female, he brought her back to the hut.

"Did you find Mu Ye?" Hu Jiayi asked but his eyes brightened when he saw Wu Xingxie in Wei's arms. Seeing her sleeping, he asked what happened.

"What's wrong?" He already knew My Ye was Wu Xingxie and Wei was aware of that as well but he didn't say anything as he didn't want Hu Jiayi to see Eldest Miss's beautiful face.

"She's passed out." Wei explained, bringing her to the room.

"Let me check." Hu Jiayi was an expert in medicine and he used his magic to examine her body. When he found the writing on her chest, his eyes darkend as if he was ready to destroy the whole world for tainting her body.

"It was definitely Him." He turned to Wei who hadn't notice the writings because Wu Xingxie's clothes were covering them up.

"You're right, I can still sense a bit of Him on her." Wei replied but his eyes widened when he saw Hu Jiayi unraveling Wu Xingxie's robe.

"What are you doing?" He stood up, grabbing Hu Jiayi's hands.

"Calm down. I'm not going to do anythi g inappropriate. I just want to show you something." Hu Jiayi explained and Wei reluctantly removed his grasp on him.

Hu Jiayi pulled part of Wu Xingxie's robe away, showing her once pale skin covered with black markings.

"Black Immortal..." Wei read the calligraphy, rage boiling inside. He clenched his fists until they bled, wanting to kill Him right this instant.

"He did this. Who else is called Black Immortal other than Him?"

Hu Jiayi fixed Wu Xingxie's clothes, pulling the blanket over her.

"Everything starts now...." Wei declared as he vowed to his Master that he would protect Eldest Miss no matter what the cost was.

*****
Oh no, did our villain finally appear?