41 The Tiger's Blood (2)

Hu Jiayi stared at his friend, who was thrown away by his own parents, left to die in the wild. Unlike him, he grew up with doting parents and could have gotten whatever he desired.

He and Wei were complete opposites but they were best friends as well.

Hu Jiayi wasn't fond of the Feng family either. He met them before when he was little and didn't like their attitude at all.

People from the Feng family were very snobby, believing they were the best family in the empire. No one outside dared to deny nor accept the claim. One, they didn't want to offend the other 4 families if they agreed with the claim or offend the Feng by denying it. Two, they couldn't accept it outrightly since although the Feng were known to be conceited of themselves, they weren't like the Bao family who was cold and ruthless.

As long as you weren't threatening their lives, the Feng family would leave people alone. On the other hand, no one dared to harm the Bao family because they knew they would never succeed.

*****
When Wei and Hu Jiayi returned to the hut, they smelled the smell of herbs coming from the kitchen. Wu Xingxie had returned to Mu Ye although she wasn't sure if Hu Jiayi saw her or not.

"Eldest-" Wei forgot he had to act like he didn't know Mu Ye was Wu Xingxie but he almost called her title. Seeing Mu Ye, he corrected himself,

"Mu Ye, what are you doing?" He asked, looking into the kitchen where Mu Ye sat on a chair, watching the fire. The young male didn't look up and continued fanning the fire as if he didn't hear him.

"Mu Ye?" Wei called again and finally Mu Ye looked up at him. The male had on a poker face as he replied honestly.

"I'm trying to figure out how to get Hu Jiayi's blood."

Wei's expression changed as he arched his eyebrows because of how straightforward Wu Xingxie could be.

Hu Jiayi, hearing his name peeked in and asked what happened.

"I-" Mu Ye was going to answer when Wei covered his mouth, cutting him off.

"We were just talking about how handsome you are." Wei lied although he knew Hu Jiayi clearly heard everything.

"I heard something about blood, are you referring to mine?" Hu Jiayi smiled, pointing to himself. He was glad to lend her his blood, except he had a condition in his mind.
After all, his blood was precious.

Mu Ye removed Wei's large hands and nodded,
"Yes, I need your blood."

"For what purpose?" Hu Jiayi wanted to know why she would even need it for.

"It's to heal a nasty scar on my body. I'm only fifteen, how can my body be ruined at such a young age?" Mu Ye even pouted a little to show he wasn't lying. Of course, he could have told the truth but then Wei would wonder how she, Wu Xingxie knew how to remove the cursed drawings of Black Immortal. It was better to come up with an excuse.

"Fine, I'll give you my blood but on one condition!" Hu Jiayi put a finger up, a smile on his lips. In the past, he never had the chance to do this with her but maybe this time he could.

"One day, you have to visit the magical realm with me." He stated, which caused Mu Ye to be perplexed. That was his condition?

Wu Xingxie had travelled to the magical realm multiple times in search of special herbs and medicines to increase not only her physical body and mind but also her spiritual strength in the past life.

Though she didn't need them right now, it wouldn't hurt to pick them for Wu Xuan so he could make a breakthrough. Either way it was a winwin situation for her.

"Alright, I promise." Wu Xingxie was someone who kept her promises, and would try to fulfill them if she could do so.

Hu Jiayi's face brightened, more handsome than ever once he heard her answer.

Wei watched the two confused because he didn't think Eldest Miss would actually agree to it.

"I can give you my blood now, can you hand me a knife?" Hu Jiayi looked around him for a sharp tool. Mu Ye, who had a knife underneath his robe took it out, handing it to the male.

He didn't think it would be this easy but Hu Jiayi did show a liking to him so maybe that was why he agreed so easily.

Hu Jiayi grabbed a nearby bowl, setting it below his hand. With the knife in his other, he quickly cut his palm, letting the crimson blood flow out into the bowl.

When it was half way full, Mu Ye stopped him from giving too much. Wu Xingxie was very grateful to him for donating blood to her but she didn't want to take advantage of his kindness either.

Stopping the blood flow, Mu Ye ripped a part of his sleeve to wrap Hu Jiayi's hand. Unbeknownst to him, Hu Jiayi saw the same eyes he saw when Wu Xingxie was healing him the "first" time they met. She looked at him with worry and affection which he wanted to see more. In that moment, he felt as if he found his lost soulmate, promising to love her forever.

*****
Hu Jiayi is so sweet!