Epilogue

Epilogue

A year on...

"I am so mad at you right now." Nick shook his head as he looked at me. He stood before me in a worn pair of jeans and paint all across his body.

He had been working so hard with his paintings and he so desperately wanted to make a living out of what he did best. I didn't blame him, he had such a talent.

"It's just money, Nick." I stated. "And I saved it because I wanted you to be happy."

"You shouldn't have done that for me." He replied. I arched my brow his way and he sighed. "I'm grateful, I am, but I don't feel like I've earnt it."

Since the first day I owned that building, my father's tattoo parlour, I had wanted to save the money for Nick to go to university, to make a living out of his work. Hell, he could build his own gallery to display his work, I didn't care, I just wanted him happy.

Nick had pride, that's one of the many things I loved about him. We fought like cat and dog sometimes but his passion, his determination, his ambition was what I couldn't live without. That, and his love for me.

"Come on, babe, it's your wedding present from me." I said. Money was tight when we had a wedding to plan for but we both made it work. We worked like clock work and together we saved up the right amount of money for the perfect day.

Nick had started out working at the parlour, it was fun because I could boss him around and he loved it there. His real passion was art, not tattooing, and I wanted him to have the perfect career. He deserved it.

"Yes but eight thousand dollars, Cathy? Really?" He looked panic stricken.

"It's money." I said. "I make enough now." And I did make enough, just about. It had taken me a year to save it out of my monthly wages now I was the owner of the tattoo parlour.

"You're too good for me." Nick's shoulders slumped.

"I love you." I told him. I always had done. His eyes bored in to my own and a small smile started to grow on the end of his lips.

He came over to me slowly, his body, my own personal painting, one of beauty. He really was hot and I was so glad he was now all mine. 

"I can't wait to make you Mrs Abel." His breath hit my cheek as he leaned down to kiss me on the lips. I smiled.

"Only two days to go now." And I was so excited. I had been waiting for this for ages and now he was finally becoming my husband.

"The longest two days of my life."

~

Two days really did drag.

As I looked at myself in the mirror, a long, slim dress took over my body. I liked the way I looked in it, ready to indeed become Mrs Abel.

"You look amazing." Emily gushed as he took me in. She came over to me and hugged me tightly.

Behind her stood my mother. She looked me over and a tear slid down her face.

I ended up telling my mother everything. She didn't take it badly like I thought she would have. She believed me and I was so shocked, so relieved I cried like a baby, my head on her lap. She took a hold of me that night and cried like a baby too.

She was remorseful, so sorry and guilty. I had never seen her like that. She was mad I hadn't told her, mad I didn't feel I trusted her enough to know.

I knew it was hard on her too.

"I'm glad you made it." I stated to my mother. She was tanned and glowing from her months away in the Caribbean with my father. I was so glad they were getting close again and she seemed a lot happier now than she did ever before.

"Your father and I wouldn't miss this for the world." She took me in to her arms and I hugged her tightly back.

Once I was ready, I prepared myself at the alter. My father came along, looking dashing in a navy suit. I watched him with the biggest smile on my face, my father, walking me down the aisle.

He looked at me.

"Wow." He said. His eyes started to tear up and all I could do was roll my eyes.

"Don't cry you soppy sod."

"I'm crying because I have to give you over to that dense prick." He wiped a tear that fell from his cheek and I laughed at his joke.

Of course, my father and Nick were as close as ever. Nick moaned the day he left for the Caribbean until the day he was back. He moaned that he had no one to drink a beer with. I apparently wasn't going to cut it because I talked all the way through the football.

"Are you ready?" He asked as the pianist started to play the song I had chosen to walk down the aisle to.

"Extremely." And I meant every word. Nick and I had our ups and downs, I didn't believe they would ever stop but we loved eachother too much to run away now. 

My father walked me down the aisle and as soon as Nick was in sight, I looked to him. He wore a fitted suit, his hands on his pockets at the alter and I wanted to weep at the sight.

I had been waiting for this day for what seemed like an eternity.

His reaction didn't disappoint either. He looked back at me, his eyes scanning the whole of my white clad body and he looked blown away.

Once my father handed me over to Nick, he took a hold of my hand, squeezed it reassuringly and smiled big my way. I smiled back.

"You look fucking great." He murmured quietly. His words made me giggle.

"So do you." He kept a hold of my hand.

The priest started to speak but I didn't pay him any attention, neither did Nick. We looked to eachother, our eyes not straying from one another, like we couldn't turn away.

We said our vows and I was so excited to make him mine, I didn't feel nervous at all.

Nick said his vows with authority, power and the usual confidence of his. God, this man really was mine.

I got so lucky.

"You may now kiss the bride."

The priest didn't have to tell Nick twice. He pulled me to him and kissed me like there was no tomorrow. I would have been embarrassed but I wasn't, I was just too buzzed and way too happy to care.

"I love you, Angel." He said in to my ear.

We both turned to the crowd before us. They cheered. I watched my father take my mother in to his arms, I watched Xavier smile at Emily as if it were the first time he had seen her. She held Dean in her arms and he clapped his tiny little hands before him.

I couldn't stop the smile forming on my face.

For once in my life, I felt as if every puzzle was right in place.