II. Antithetical

Given the amount of time I had left to read, I had began to ponder about what the others would think about me reading Natsuki's piece first; it would be safe to assume that everyone in the room figured that, yet again, my poem would be handed to Yuri.

I glanced to the leftmost side of me, to see Yuri with a soft, clearly visible smile planted on her face, eyes darting across the paper like a fly.

I didn't even know it, but her foot seemed to be almost intertwining with mine, as if she was trying to tug me closer by the leg.

Before I could even continue on to the next paragraph, I caught Natsuki waving to me from across the room, with an eccentric and giddy look on her face.

Without actually speaking, I tried to mouth-read her.

'What?' I said, trying to hold back a smile; the situation was too stupid for me to seem disturbed by.

Natsuki gestured her hand in her direction.

'Come here!'

I shrugged, and pointed under the table, giving Natsuki a fair reason for me to stay put.

She responded with a grin, forming a quirky heart with her hands.

I shook my head and continued reading. Yuri still seemed to be delving deep into her book. "How are you feeling today?"

"I'm great!" she stammered, grabbing my right hand- the one that was holding the other side of the book- and with her other hand, pointed a lissome finger at a phrase in the middle of the page.

"...This is where I'm at, I can always wait for you, or read it aloud to you, or make you some tea... Do you want something to drink?" Yuri asked, as her breathing tract seem to augment into a more rapid set of motions.

I stared at her for a few seconds to digest her train of thought, and replied, "You don't have to go through all of this trouble for me, Yuri, I just want to spend time with you."

Something in my head keeps driving me to make her feel flattered, or blushy, or whatever you'd call it. Yes, I think she's a fantastic girl, with a certainly buxom apex in comparison to the other girls... But I feel as if it's evil for me to do this.

Approaching our collision of desks, Monika handed me a paper, incised in a familiar handwriting, with an unsure yet gleeful smile on her face.

"Hey... Courtesy of Natsuki. I didn't want her throwing it across the room, as I saw she made the intention to.

Again, I tried holding in my stupid laugh. I did think it was mildly amusing that she was causing a ruckus, I don't get very much thrill out of friendships often, at all, so this was a pleasant gesture.

It was a crumpled and balled mesh of a paper, scads of crinkles all along the exterior. Yuri had set  down her- our, book, and beamed her eyes provocatively at the jumbled mess I had obtained.

"I'm sorry you have to be in the same room as her. I don't want her to disturb you, or us..." she said, holding my arm with both of her hands.

Opening the horrid paper, read:

-KUN X YURI FANFICTION
BY: NATSUKI

FIRST, -KUN AND YURI SPEND EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY IN EACH OTHER'S ARMS IN THE ABSOLUTE DARK, HOLDING A FIRM AND POSSESSIVE GRIP UPON EACH OTHER'S BODIES.

THEN, THEY BREATHE HEAVILY INTO THEIR FACES AND INGEST THE BODILY STEAM INTO THEIR SYSTEMS AND WRITHE AMONG THEIR SKIN IN SENSATION.

THEN, THEY REPETITIVELY MUMBLE ABOUT HOW THEY WISH THEY COULD LOVE EACH OTHER MORE THAN THEY ALREADY DID.

THEN, THEY MAKE A PACT TO COMMIT SUICIDE BECAUSE THEIR LOVE CAN'T GO BEYOND THE LIMITS THAT THEY WANT IT TO.

THEN, THEY STRIKE THEIR SKIN WITH A KNIFE AND SHARE BLOOD WHILE MOANING IN JOY.

FINALLY, THEY DIE IN A BLACK POOL OF THEIR MIXED BLOOD, AND DIE TOGETHER AS A MESS.

the end

...What an interesting piece.

Yuri seemed to have read the whole thing, she held a stoic and unanimated look on her face. However, she seemed to have latched upon my arm even harder than before.

"Was this your poem?" I asked, now speaking quite open and vehemently.

Natsuki stared at me for 46 minutes.

"No, y'dummy... I wrote it in like, five seconds," she said, laughing slightly over each word she spoke. "It's true though, right?"

"Yeah,"

...

"I hope you all wrote something good, because today I've decided to start grading your effort!" announced Monika after a long period of uninterrupted silence.

"Grades!?" Natsuki boomed.

Natsuki and I both looked at each other in dismay, as it seems that this was both of our nightmares...

"Don't worry... This isn't going to affect your basic schooling average, this is just to motivate you all to try harder." Monika proclaimed.

She held a finger up, pointing directly to the sky. I always figured that it gave her a presidential look- she always seemed suitable for this type of role.

Yuri seemed to have absolutely no opinion over it. I didn't think she would, either, considering that it would be a breeze for her.

In fact, she was face down into the crevasse of my neck anyways... Sound asleep. I've been beginning to wonder if she's been getting any rest lately.

"Hey, -kun, you prooomised!" Natsuki called for me from her seat, half-laying on the desk behind her while waving her poem around in the air.

I turned to face Yuri, as I figured she'd have gripes with my intents; she held a shocked yet het-up expression on her face.

She whimpered,

"...Promise?"