C R A S H

After the funeral for our parents I started looking for houses, and apartments in arizona, california and utah. Somewhere within driving distance and something I could afford. After countless nights of not finding anything Joel brought up his cousin that was renting out a house in Freeridge, California. And it was perfect.

"Okay first day, new school you two. Remember don't be bitches and make friends, but don't take shit from anyone either. Understand?" I ask as Adrian and Celia stand in front of me rolling their eyes. "Sir yes sir" Celia says doing a fake solute. "Hey, don't start shit with me, I don't need any problems, just make something out of this new start ok?" I grab both of them and kiss their foreheads. "Get in the car and i'll be right out" I say walking into the kitchen to grab my keys.

After I dropped the kids off at school I started to head home. I needed to finish unpacking and start looking for a job. I had 'Ambitionz Az A Ridah' by 2pac blasting through the car speaker, just enjoying myself on the short ride home, but apparently you have to keep your eyes on the road because next thing I know I rear ended the most beautiful red classic Impala I've ever seen.

"What the fuck is wrong with you" I can hear the guy yelling as he opens the car door. I quickly jump out the car and jog up to him. "Oh shit I'm so sorry, i just wasn't paying attention and next thing you know, boom your car is there. And I do have to say you have a very nice car, It's beautiful really.." I stop my rambling and actually look at the man standing in front of me. He's tall, got some tattoos, and he has the most addicting dark brown eyes. "Look i just moved here, but I know a couple things about cars, I can fix it, re paint the damage and we'll be good, no need to get the insurance companies involved right?" I give him a nervous chuckle and look at him waiting for a response. "Pay attention next time hermosa." He shook his head and got back in his car. "Wait do you still want me to fix it?" I called out to him but all I get is a hand out the window as he starts to drive away. "Thank you!" I yell out to him, getting back into my run down busted up car. Jesus Christ October pay attention, first day here and you crashed into a nice ass car with a nice ass looking man driving. I shake my head as I start to drive home.

"Hey tobes we brought our friends over hope that's ok!" I hear as Adrian and Celia walk through the door. "Yes, yes that's perfect" I say walking around the corner out of the kitchen. "I'll get started on dinner, would you guys like to stay?" I ask the four other kids standing in front of me. "Oh no thank you though, My mom's making dinner back home for me." The short boy says. "I'm Ruby by the way, and this is Monse, Jamal, and Cesar." I smile towards him and look towards the others for their answer. "Can't sorry, appreciate the offer though" Monse says with a smile. "My dad's cooking tonight, Thank you for asking." Jamal says. "Cesar, would you like to stay, I'm making enchiladas." I ask raising my brow. "Sure, my brother didn't have any plans for me tonight." He says with a smile "Great! You just live with your brother?" I ask. "Yeah, just us two." He nods shoving his hands in his front pockets "Well invite him over, don't leave him on his own! Dinner should be ready by six!" I say walking back into the kitchen.

"I don't really think you should, he can eat at home, or pick something up for himself." Cesar says following me into the kitchen. "Oh nonsense, I insist, You welcomed Adrian and Celia, this is the least I can do." I say with a smile, placing my hand on Cesar's shoulder. Cesar hesitates for a moment then gives in. "alright, thank you, again." He says turning to go back to where ever the kids went. I smile as I start cutting up the onions. First day in freeridge, the kids already made friends, my search for a job was successful, and we have guest coming for dinner. This whole Fresh start is going good. 

.

.

.

Just a short little chapter. Oscar was introduced, but there's alot more of him in the next chapter. Let me know how your liking the story so far! I'd love your feedback!

October doesn't seem to feel threated by the looks of oscar, so lets see how dinner goes!