Cold Hikes and Warm Trips

-Lucy's POV-

I got into the train with Gray, we headed to an empty booth and sat next to each other. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he had his arm around me.

"Where are we headed?" I asked realising I had no clue as to where our destination was.

"The same snowy mountains where Ur trained me growing up." He explained somberly.

I nodded, "I guess that'd help with your ice make magic." I said, a little confused he was taking me there also.

"And yours."

"Wait. What do you mean by that?" I asked shocked.

"I'm going to train you how to use ice make magic." Gray smiled at me.

I looked up at him in appreciation. "Hopefully I'm skilled enough to learn it."

"I know you are." He ruffled my hair again.

Shortly after our chat, the train left the station. Headed to the mountains, an 8 hour trip on the train. I decided to close my eyes for a moment, resting against Gray's chest, listening and feeling his heart beat and his chest rising and falling from his steady breaths. I smiled into his chest gently as I felt him play with my hair. I slowly drifted into darkness as I fell asleep, calmed by Gray's presence.

_____________

I blinked my eyes open. Awoken by the voice booming over the speakers.

"Freezeay Town, next stop."

I sat up and looked at a sleeping Gray. I smiled softly to myself, looking at his limp figure.

"Your always way to nice to me Gray..."

"Because you deserve it." He said with a deep raspy voice as he just woke up.

I feel my face heat up a little as I look away.

He chuckled looking at me with warm eyes.

"What are you looking at?" I acted as if I didn't say anything.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm looking at you."

"Now you sound like a perv. And your clothes are gone again." I sighed.

"Crap!" He frantically looked for his clothes. Putting them back on.

I giggled a bit. Every time, no matter what I'd laugh at this.

"I better not start doing that after you teach me." I stuck my tongue out.

"I can promise nothing." He smiled as the train got to our stop and we got off.

As soon as I was off I started to shiver it was absolutely freezing. Gray threw me a warm fluffy jacket, and I quickly jumped into it. "Thank You!" I ran up next to him.

He smiled at me. We walked together through the small town and made our way to a small trail leading up into the mountains.

"There is a small hike through here to reach the cabin." Gray explained starting to walk on the small path.

I followed behind him, staring at him as he looked down at his feet in thought. 'Maybe he's thinking about how he hasn't been here in years...' I think.

__________

As the sun was disappearing over the mountain peaks I sighed. I was done with walking after 3 solid hours of it. So I sat down on the side of the path, taking a drink of water.

Gray turned to look at me. "C'mon Luce, were almost there." He said walking back toward me.

"You said that last time..." I glared at him childishly.

He placed his bag down next to me, looking down at me.

"I actually mean it this time. I promise." He offered me his hand to help me get up.

'My but is cold... I'm really second guessing sitting in the snow...' I think as I grabbed his hand.

He hoisted me up, and he stumbled back tripping over a rock behind him. He fell to his back and I fell on top of him, he was warm...

I felt heat rise to my cheeks as I notice our position. I was straddling his hips, his hands were on my sides and our chests were pushed closely together.

I quickly jumped off him and ran up the path toward our destination.

"Hold up Lucy! You didn't grab your bag!" Gray called out to me as I ignored him, seeing the small cabin. I sighed in relief as I saw it. Instantly running to the door and opening it. Well at least trying to, it was locked...

I pouted and slid down the wall and hugging my knees. Waiting for Gray.

After a small wait I see Gray walking up to the cabin with his and my own bag in his hands.

"I'm sorry Gray." I apologise taking my bag back.

"Its fine, but you owe me." He joked.

Well I hoped he was joking.

He unlocked the cabin door, and saw the sheet covered furniture and sighed. I entered behind him and saw the adorable cabin. I rubbed his back as support knowing that this was the fist time in years he had been there.

He smiled at me. "Let's get this place cleaned up."